Hi, im liza

I brushed my fingers through my red hair. Of course, it wasn't naturally red, it was dyed. I was the poster child of teenage dirtbags, if that's a thing. I had black ripped skinny jeans, a band shirt of some variety, and a nose piercing. But despite all of that, I was actually a good student. My best friend Calum was the opposite of me. Clean cut, black hair, nice jawline, and horrible grades. We balanced each other. I gave myself one last look before I left for school.

This past summer sucked. Calum and his girlfriend stayed at a beach rental for the whole entire vacation so I was left alone. I was going to give him a good speech when I saw him at school. I pranced through the front doors of our school with the confidence only a senior could possess. I avoided eye contact with everyone and went straight to my locker.

"Liiiizzzzaaa!" I heard someone scream. I whipped around to see Calum, and then my jaw dropped. What happened over the summer? He was wearing a sleeveless tank that showed off newly made muscle and... And.....AND A TATTOO. Right on his collar bone. MMXII! What the hell was that?

"So are you going to say anything or are you just gonna stare at-"
"Calum what happened?" I screeched as I pulled him into a giant hug. His familiar arms wrapped around me, making me feel safe. He sighed, and then released me.

"I needed a makeover. Do you like it?" He asked nervously. I smiled enthusiastically. I loved this new Calum.

"How was your summer?" I asked, suddenly remembering that he had abandoned me during the full vacation. He quickly looked at the floor and bit his lip, which meant that he was about to lie to me.

"What happened?" I asked suspiciosuly. He groaned.

"Let's just say that me and Beth didn't work out this summer like at all. So I didn't really hang with her this summer...."

"YOU MEAN THAT YOU WERE HOME THE WHOLE FREAKING SUMMER AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?! CALUM THOMAS HOOD, EXPLAIN YOURSELF!" I yelled. How dare he? After all we've been through.

"I just was-I guess I was avoiding this," he made a circle with his fingers in between us,"I just didn't want to hurt you."

"Well you freaking failed." I told him, deadpan. He winced. It punched him playfully in the arm, my sign of forgivness. Calum was such a passivist that it kinda pissed me off sometimes. I didn't feel like arguing anymore, so I just walked with him to class