𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Hush now dear children

•───⋅⋆⁺‧₊☽⛦☾₊‧⁺⋆⋅───•

𝕎𝔼𝔻ℕ𝔼𝕊𝔻𝔸𝕐 adjusted his blazer and carefully placed the black dahlia flower into his pocket. The flower's dark petals peeked out, a silent reminder of Lilith. Without wasting another moment, he sprinted across the campus, determined to catch Rowan before he could be whisked away to the train station.

"Rowan!" Wednesday called out, his voice sharp and urgent. "We need to talk."

Rowan, who was in the midst of loading his belongings into a waiting car, looked up, startled. "Wednesday, I'm not allowed to talk to anyone," he replied, his voice tinged with frustration and resignation. Ignoring Rowan's protest, Wednesday pressed on, his tone relentless. "You had a lot to say the other night when you tried to kill me and Lilith. You told me I was destined to destroy the school. Remember? Where did you get that drawing?"

Wednesday stepped closer, his eyes boring into Rowan's, seeking any hint of truth. But Rowan avoided his gaze, his expression conflicted. "I just went into the woods to clear my head. Then you both came after me," he muttered, his voice barely audible.

Just as Wednesday was about to demand more answers, Ms. Thornhill appeared beside the car, her presence commanding and firm. "Wednesday. You shouldn't be here," she warned, her tone leaving no room for argument.

Rowan seized the opportunity to hiss at Wednesday, "Yeah, back off, and leave me alone." His eyes darted away, filled with a mix of fear and defiance.

Wednesday, unfazed by the threat, lifted an eyebrow in silent defiance. As Rowan climbed into the passenger seat and Ms. Thornhill followed suit, the car's engine roared to life. The vehicle started to move, and Wednesday watched intently, his mind racing with unresolved questions. Just then, a flash of movement caught his eye. Thing, ever resourceful, had leapt onto the back of the car, clinging to it as it sped away. A small, satisfied smile tugged at Wednesday's lips. He turned and walked away, the black dahlia still nestled in his pocket, its presence a constant reminder of the dark mysteries he was determined to unravel.

˚₊𓆩༺🕷༻𓆪₊˚

"How do you lose him in a bathroom with no windows?" Wednesday whispered lowly at Thing, who was hiding behind a potted plant. Thing shrugged apologetically, and Wednesday, annoyed, snapped, "A lefty wouldn't have failed me." Thing sulked at the comment before Wednesday added, "Don't sulk. Now I'm going to have to find new evidence myself, since you're the one who lost our only lead."

He pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration, his thoughts interrupted by Bianca, who noticed him seemingly talking to a plant. She couldn't resist a smug comment. "I see you finally made a friend. Even if it is a plant," she mocked, smiling with satisfaction.