𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

The jury said she's charming

•───⋅⋆⁺‧₊☽⛦☾₊‧⁺⋆⋅───•

𝔸𝕊 the mayor's overly enthusiastic voice filled the air, his pun hanging awkwardly in the silence, Lilith couldn't resist. She flicked her fingers ever so subtly, and suddenly, the mayor's tie whipped up, smacking him lightly in the face. She quickly hid a mischievous smirk as the students around her stifled chuckles, while the mayor fumbled with his tie, trying to maintain composure. Principal Weems, appearing unbothered, took the stage beside the mayor and addressed the students. "Okay, everyone. We'll see you back here at one o'clock for lunch. Enjoy!" The students began to rise from their bleachers, scattering to their assignments.

Meanwhile, Wednesday rushed after Enid, catching up with her just before she could head off. "Enid!" he called, and she spun around to face him.

"What?" she asked, already sensing his intensity.

"Switch volunteer assignments." He held out his envelope, eyes narrowing slightly.

Enid frowned, shaking her head, "What? No! Uriah's Heap is definitely not my bag."

"It's an emergency. I need to check out Pilgrim World," Wednesday insisted, his voice low and pressing.

Enid gave him a teasing smile. "Is it because you want to be close to Lilith?"

Wednesday's eyes flashed in annoyance. "This isn't about Lilith. Switch places with me." His eye twitched slightly as he held out the envelope again.

Enid looked at him skeptically. "But Wednesday, this is not a fair trade. Why would I agree to spend the entire day at some dumpy emporium of crapola?" A flash of strategy lit up Wednesday's eyes. "Because Ajax is going to be volunteering there. Thing sneaked a peek at his assignment." Enid's eyes widened in surprise, excitement bubbling up. "No!" she exclaimed, snatching the envelope out of his hand with a grin. "Thank you! You're the best!" She squealed and dashed off toward the antique store without a second thought, leaving Wednesday behind.

˚₊𓆩༺🕷༻𓆪₊˚

A crowd of people stepped off a bus parked outside the entrance to Pilgrim World, which looked like it had been plucked straight from the 1600s. The village was complete with wooden buildings, dirt paths, and the overwhelming stench of historical accuracy. "Welcome to Pilgrim World. Witch trials every day!" someone shouted as Wednesday made his way inside. He quickly spotted Lilith standing near Eugene, who was busy taking pictures of Bianca and Yoko. Several people were glancing in Lilith's direction, but she seemed oblivious to their attention. Her presence stood out like a dark shadow among the quaint surroundings.