Chapter 1: The Rules

This is how it'll work: I, the caring, unnoticed freak in the corner (as you know me), will write what happened to me. My experiences, my feelings, my loneliness... my solitude. All of you will come up. All of you will be mentioned. All of you will be blamed. That is inevitable. We all have great influence over each others' lives. you must understand that. However, not everything will be negative. Let us just hope, for your sake, that you had a positive impact on my life. If you didn't, well... I'm just hoping that you'll learn from your mistakes so that, together, we can save some other poor bloke from having the same fate as me.

My life is already ruined. You ruined it. However, to spare you, I will be charitable and change names. So, for example, John Doe will be written as James Smith. I know, it is a terrible example, forgive me. But, throughout my stories I will refer to Mr. Doe as James Smith. It's simple enough, right?

Also, this is not a free-for-all. There are rules in place... Rules which you must abide. Fail to follow these rules, and terrible consequences will follow. Whether or not I have someone policing, well... test me. Do it, I dare you. Try me. If you deem yourself stupid enough, you will pay. Feel free to break a couple of rules - I won't be the one who suffers.

Rule Number 1: There are no rules

Just kidding! You may have crushed my spirit and broken my heart, but you haven't completely destroyed my sense of humor.

So, Real Rule Number 1: Don't show this journal to anybody.

That means nobody. Don't show it to your friends, or family. Don't show it to your enemies or your pets. Do not leave it in the open, where one can easily access it. Please. The people that need to read this were given copies.

Rule Number 2: Protect me.

I know that rule one won't be kept. Due to human nature, lack of responsibility, and idiocy, naturally everybody will know about this journal. They will have read it or heard about it. Heck, there might even be an audio-book. So, first of all, make sure the recorder of the audio-book reads well and has a soothing voice. It'll make it better for the listeners. Funny, right?

More importantly, make sure they don't... you know: mock me. Please, if you see somebody making fun of me, scoffing, defend what little honor I have left. Please. Please.

Rule Number 3: Respect my memories.

Respect all that I have been through. It may not seem like I have been through a lot to you, but we all perceive pain differently and look at it in a different light. So, please, try to understand. Understand how I felt as I went through all this crap.

Do not make fun of me. Do not call me a wuss, a sissy, etc. Do not think that I am weak. I think that enough about myself.

So, just try to understand and do not belittle me, okay? That is all I am asking.

Rule Number Four: Do as I say in the back of the book.

This rule, unlike the other ones, isn't punishable. This one will help you. It is for your own good, and I wish somebody had given me such advice. It may be different for every person. It might not be.

Do not try to find out what other people have written in their copies of my journal. Take care of yourself. I am trying to help. Help you get through things. Help you become better people.

Anyway, I don't have much else to say before I start my story.

Just this...

I hope you're capable of hearing the truth.

But, come out, come out, wherever you are. There is no hiding now.

For, ready or not, here it comes.

-------------------------------------

Author's Note

Yay, chapter one is up! Thank you for reading, and please comment and/or vote. It would be greatly appreciated.

- NerdilyNerdy