5.) When he tells you how good you look in your favorite dress...

5.) when he tells you how good you look in your favorite dress, you're going to recall his eyes on you every time you wear it. it's fine to hide it in the back of your closet for a few months.

December, 2015

"I found the perfect dress for you to wear at your parents' Christmas Charity Ball." Monique squealed as she pulled me inside my bedroom. When did she get here? I wondered, puzzled.

"Ta-da!" she said, holding out a familiar, red dress. "I don't know why this was in the back of your closet. I mean, it's absolutely gorgeous!"

I do.

-

August, 2014

Tick, tock. Tick, tock. That was what the clock said at their usual pub. He still wore his usual suit and tie and had a glass of beer on his left hand, counting down the minutes whether she will show up or not. He just hopes that she agreed to their deal.

"Hey," he heard one his friends said. He spun around greeted them with a warm smile. "How's it going?"

"Uh, not great. We broke up," he tried to remain calm. He wasn't sure if he would feel guilty about what happened a couple of hours ago. He broke up with his girlfriend just because he was always in love with her.

"Oh my God, what happened?" The girl with the red hair said. His friends gaped at him in shock. They considered her to be the best thing that has happened to him.

He tried to plaster a sheepish smile on his face. "I don't know. But I think the worst part is over."

A silhouette stood by the entrance of the pub. He glanced to the direction of the entrance door wherein she entered the pub wearing her brown coat and green dress. He beamed at her, keeping in mind that she was the best thing that has happened in his life. He was completely puzzled when she was trying to avoid to meet his eyes. Her gaze quickly shifting from him towards their circle of friends. His smile instantly faded when he saw the other guy wearing another fine suit and tie outfit. That explains the whole situation.

The usual 'heys' and 'whaddups' happened a few meters away from him. He tried to play everything cool. He told himself that everything was going to be fine. Well, he really hoped that everything will be just fine. After she greeted their circle of friends, she glanced at him. Her sad eyes focused on his. His face plastered a desperate look. He pleaded. But all she did was shake her head.

"The second that would never end was this one," the narrator paused. Completely freezing the whole scene except for him who was chugging down his beer as he pinched the bridge of his nose. He regretted everything that had happened.

Finally when the whole scene was in motion again, he sauntered his way towards their booth. "I should go," he said whilst tears were pooling in his eyes. "Tough night." He added.

"I'm so sorry," Robin - the love of his life - said. He glanced at her, displaying his stoic personality.

"Don't be," he tried to smile at her. Assuring her that she was okay. "It's nothing." He shook his head and left the pub at once and headed upstairs to the girl's department.

One of his best friends, Ted, tried to make an excuse that he left his wallet in his apartment; an apartment in which he shared with Robin. Ted's plan was to follow him and finally Ted saw him, stuffing the scattered petals on Robin's bed into a plastic bag. He also blew the fire on the candle that was making Robin's room glow.