6.) When he drinks...

6.) When he drinks, he'll want to argue and you'll be hurt and confused but remember to keep your thoughts unclouded. It's pointless for you to talk and shout at a drunken idiot.

December, 2014

Christmas break was coming soon. Everyone was both stressed and excited. Stressed because exams were coming up plus the pressure of the future ahead of us, the anxious feeling of waiting for those acceptance letters (or rejection ones) from the universities we've applied for. Excited because well, we get a break from all those stress, we get to push some kind of pause button to just stop stressing about the future.

I sighed as I tried to concentrate on the Physics book in front of me but it was no use. I've been studying for two hours and I needed a break.

"Let's go to Starbucks." I suggested to Monique, who was hidden behind  behind an English book. She folded the page she was reading, set the book down on the table and looked up at me eagerly.

"Thought you'd never ask!" she said excitedly as she started putting all of her books and things in her bag.

Looks like I'm not the only one who's bored with studying.

I chuckled and did the same things stashing all of my books and thongs messily inside my bag. Uhmm, errr I'll fix it later. Wink wink.

We exited the library and started walking towards Starbucks.

"How are you and Wayne?" Nique asked, as we continued torturing ourselves with the cold rush of snow air.

"We're good." I answered through my chattering teeth. "We should've brought your car." I complained.

She chuckled. "Oh c'mon you nig baby, we're almost there. See?" she pointed to a nearby, familiar sign.

I rolled my eyes and fastened my pace, leaving a laughing Nique. I pushed open the doors and inhaled the scent of coffee.

"Ah." I said appreciatively, feeling warm. I turned to my bestfriend. "Since you made me walk through that cold, cold, outside world you're ordering." I said dramatically, handing her some money. "You know what I want! I'll go get us some seats! Love you!" I shouted and scurried off to find us a table.

"You were the one who suggested we go here!" she yelled back and some of the customers drinking their coffees turned to look at her.

I ignored her and settled comfortably on one of the tables with cushioned chairs near the window. I got out my things from my bag and started reorganizing it.

"Leih?" I hear someone call. I stopped shuffling my things and looked up to see a familiar brunette with blue eyes.

"Hey, Mina." I greeted casually. Mina is one of my close friends in our dance troupe. I glanced at Monique who was still in line. "Come sit for a sec. I'm waiting for Nique."

She grinned and took a seat from one of the cushioned chairs beside me. "Aren't you supposed to be with Wayne at the party?" she asked once she made herself comfortable.

"Party?" I echoed confusingly.

She frowned. "Yea. At Em's." she reminded me like I was supposed to know.

My stomach clenched tighly at the name that left Mina's lips. "Em's?" I echoed again.

"Oh shoot. You didn't know?" ahe didn't bother waiting for my answer because it was evident on my face. "I don't know if I should tell you this but..."

I held my breath, feeling like I'm trapped in the middle of the street, waiting for a car to hit me. "Tell me what?" I asked, breathing uneasily as I braced myself for the worst.