3

Lalit had his eyes locked on the underside of Bane's wing. They were bleary with tears and the pain running through his body was nearly unbearable, he knew there were a few broken bones hidden in his body. There was no way he could be okay right now. His race was one not built to withstand such abuse, that's the exact reason they were born with dragons, but Bane wasn't there. Lalit moved his body slightly, so that his cheek was resting on the violet scales. He really wished Bane had been there.

William's voice broke Lalit's concentration, and he used the little strength he had to move Bane's wing so that he could see the retched man. His cold eyes were smug and a smirk was set on his handsome face. "Please," Lalit said, "why are we here?"

William looked down at the small boy, watching as he shivered and winced. The marks that decorated Lalit's skin made him frown, but only because he had wanted to inflict the pain. "Hm." He hummed quietly, letting the time drag. "Well, technically you are here because your queens are dimwitted." His voice was mocking, and Lalit wanted to kill him. "How dare you speak of their Majesties like that? You disgust me! They are-" A kick was delivered to his knee and he stopped midsentence as he cried out. This seemed to cause an awful chain of events, for Bane began to fight at his chains and many of the guards were beginning to draw their weapons.

As the commotion became too much for Lalit, he placed his hand on Bane's side and let waves of weak magic sooth the dragon, and in a small voice he whispered, "Sh, my friend. We're okay. It's fine." His tone was calm, the pain he actually felt hidden. The people around them also went quiet, because what they were seeing was actual magic. From Lalit's  small hand, visible energy could be seen spreading over the dragon's purple scales. None of them had ever seen anything like it, Lalit being the first of his kind they'd seen in real life.

Once Bane had been calmed, Lalit weakly collapsed back down and closed his heavy eyes.

William, as mesmerized as everyone else, slowly shook himself back and straightened up. He cleared his throat and looked around coldly. "Everyone outside the door." After a bow from the guards' heads they left.

Bane opened his violet eyes and stared at the man who had hurt his master. He felt so much anger and hatred towards him, but somehow was calm and collected. He was careful as he brought his tale around himself to cover Lalit some, not wanting the boy to be exposed any more.

William watched the action and finally began to speak again, this time not insulting anyone. "You are here because I want your kingdom's gold." It was short and simple, and Lalit couldn't help but let his jaw drop. "Do you actually believe this will work? Bane and I are just messengers! We wouldn't work as a ransom, and we sure as Hell wouldn't know how to get to the gold!"

William ran a hand through his blonde hair and laughed slightly. "You and I both know that is not true!" He paced back and forth slowly, almost in a cocky manor. "The Queens treat you like a son. Fleur loves you, and Jamina would let no harm come to you. They would do almost anything to get their darling little angel back. Now that's the truth!"

Violet eyes stared at the floor, Lalit knew it was true. After being orphaned at nine, the Queens had taken him under their wing. They'd let him deliver messages throughout the castle and let him stay in a room fit for a king. He knew they thought of him as a son.

The way Lalit accepted the defeat made William smirk even wider. His eyes aglow with victory as he stared down at the beaten boy. "How did you know?" Lalit whispered.

"Spies, of course. Sara and Kindle have been working as guards for the queens for years, they know everything."  William clapped his hands, rubbing his callused palms together. "And it's just perfect that you are excellent with simple magic, because you are how we are going to speak with Fleur and Jamina."

***

William had explained it all. How he wanted Lalit to create a small portal of vision that would allow them to see and hear the queens. William would tell them how much he wanted, and what would happen if he didn't get it within a certain amount of time. The things he described made Lalit cringe, but he hoped with all of his being that his queens refused. He didn't want them giving in to a sick man's demands.

"Now, open a portal." William said, his voice hard.

Lalit was afraid to answer, but he finally said truthfully, "I can't." This caused the other man's face to crease in anger, "What did you just say to me?"

Lalit's eyes widened in fear and he weakly hid himself further into Bane. "I can't right now, I'm too weak. I need to be healed first, I have a few broken bones and my body is too hurt."

"How do you have broken bones? My guard was informed to not hi you too hard."

"The people in my race are very fragile, and we fly. Therefore we have hollow bones- like a bird." Lalit explained, and William was shocked. Hollow bones? He never thought that these angels could be so breakable. It was surprising but he nodded. "How exactly can we heal you?"

"Bane can do it."

Everything that came out of Lalit's mouth was surprising William. Growing up in kingdom with little to no magic, he was astounded by the things that could actually be accomplished with a being of power. He slowly nodded and gestured for them to do it.

He watched as the violet haired boy weakly flipped so that his back was to him, and his usually cold eyes widened when black, feathered wings sprung from the boy's back. They were soft looking, and had a peculiar shine to them. Beautiful, that was the word William would use to describe them. He was almost disappointed when Bane's wings covered the sight.

There were a few seconds of utter stillness and silence, then a small burst of silvery light exploded from the two. William was stunned, and had his large hands wrapped over his head, as though to protect himself. When he looked up, he was surprised to see an almost healthy looking Lalit sitting against the large dragon, bruises faded and skin less white. He no longer held a pain filled look, and there were small rivets of purple magic flowing over his skin.

Amazing, William thought.

A/N

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!

My wifi has been jacked up and I couldn't even load wattpad, so here is this!

This probably sucks cx Sorry

Thanks and please VCF!