5

Bane was awakened by the sound of Lalit screaming. His fiery, violet eyes shot open and he furiously stood to his feet. The sound killed the dragon, he needed to know what was happening. After searching the large, stone room, Bane saw what was causing the horrid sound. Two guards were trying to drag the struggling boy out of the room, each gripping his arms too tightly.

A loud growl left the angered dragon, his teeth bared as he glared fiercely at the two people who were now staring back. Bane could see the tears in Lalit's pained eyes, the bruises could be seen spreading down the elfish boy's arms. Whatever was going to happen, was going to be stopped. Bane was sure of that, he couldn't let his best friend be hurt. When the female who had one of Lalit's arms tugged him roughly, Bane heard the snap.

Lalit's arm was broken.

Within the next few seconds Hell broke loose. Quite literally.

Fire erupted from Bane as he threw his head back, causing the chains around his neck break and fall to the ground with a hard CLANK! and quiet jangles. The two guards quickly dropped the violet haired boy and stepped back, shielding their faces with their hands and backing away.

The sight before them was terrifying and the fire was wild. It was burning hot and full of rage from a vengeful dragon.

Bane was standing over Lalit as he growled and snarled, fire burning around him as he protected his master. There was so much negative energy in the room, and the guards were over heating in their armor, so, with panicked looks at each other they ran from the room in search of the prince. They'd failed at getting Lalit into another room.

As soon as the two were gone, Bane calmed and laid himself over Lalit, letting his wings stretch and wrap around them. Within seconds, energy could be seen traveling around them as the small elfish boy was healed. He was crying, the tears on his face a light, translucent purple. He could feel the bones in his arm arranging themselves back into their correct order, but it hurt so bad. He was gripping Bane's large leg for dear life with his good arm.

When his was finally healed, he was sweating and curled into Bane as he shivered. Breaking a bone when they were hollow was awful, it was instant shattering. Lalit had never done it before, and he never wanted it to happen again.

***

They were left alone after that. Only being bothered when they were brought food. It was quiet and peaceful, and soon enough both were asleep.

Ivy woke many hours later, his big violet eyes were blurry even after attempting to blink the sleep from them. He was so confused and sluggish, nothing made sense and all of his thoughts were mixed. When he tried to talk, nothing but slurred mutters left him. Just more confusion.

It took quite awhile, but Lalit could finally see. It surprised him when he saw no Bane, and only a stranger. The boy was around Lalit's age, a little older, and had royal features, even though his face was shadowed.

He knew who stood before him.

A/N

VERY VERY VERY VERY SHORT BUT THIS NEEDED TO HAPPEN!
IT'S BEEN ALMOST A YEAR
I WILL MAKE THE NEXT CHAPTER VERY LONG TO MAKE UP FOR THIS
SORRY

VCF