𝟭𝟬․ New Journey Awaits

CHAPTER TEN"A new chapter is beginning soon

CHAPTER TEN
"A new chapter is beginning soon."

It was finally her year to complete her undergraduate studies. She took two weeks after graduating to prepare for her move. Heejin was gathering her belongings. She was spending her last day in Seoul, South Korea. She was eager to attend Juilliard, one of the schools recommended by her instructor, but she was also quite anxious.

Her heart skipped a beat or two as she was going through the boxes she had moved into the apartment and hadn't yet unpacked. Her hands became trembling as she peered inside one of the boxes. She closed the box quickly and then inhaled deeply.

Opened the little brown box once more and stared at the contents, her breath caught, her heart pounded in her chest. Tears began to fall. Sooah's belongings, namely her well-worn black, pink, and her beloved green ballerina slippers were lying inside. She has ten pairs of slippers and one pair of green slippers. Her favorite color was green. Brown box next to the slippers. Heejin's hands were shaking as she cautiously picked up the box. Breathe deeply before opening it.

When she saw what was inside, her eyes widened slightly. Protected in a bag was Sooah's precious silver locket. It was uncomplicated yet incredibly meaningful. As Heejin closed the box and replaced it with the brown box, tears began to fall. She grabbed the green slippers and leaned back against the wall a little before falling to the ground. Recalling that day, she hugged the slippers closer to her.

Heejin was so close yet too far to save Sooah. Her best friend's first love. She remembered her brother giving her the box three days after the funeral, a week before she left to go to Australia.

She heard someone calling her as she was entering her family's home. "Heejin!" She turned around and halted at her spot. After the funeral, she saw someone she never imagined seeing. He ran in the direction of her while in a box. "You should have this." He handed the box to her. She gave him a look of confusion. Seojin, what is this? She asked, her expression bewildered. He gave her a gesture to open it. So she did.