𝟮𝟱․ A Special Something

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

CHAPTER
TWENTY FIVE

"Happy Birthday."

It has been two days since Heejin in Seoul. She was sitting against the couch of her apartment as she watched whatever news was on the television. She sighed before turning off the television and stood up from the sofa.

Grabbing her jacket, a box, and her purse before walking towards the entrance. She put on tennis shoes before looking at the mirror on the wall beside her. She wore a casual brown pattern blazer, white t-shirt, and black slacks. Her hair was slightly messy but she didn't care. Taking her keys from the table under the mirror before walking out the door.

Entering her car, she closed the driver's side, put in the address to her destination, and seatbelted herself. She turned on the radio and put her car in reverse before driving mode. She drove out of her apartment complex garage. Focusing on the road, she heard her phone ringing. Quickly she looked at her phone and picked up the call. Putting it in the speaker in her car, she answered. "Hello?"

"Heejin, are you back in Seoul?" Heejin looked at who was calling her before humming. "Could you meet me at Moonstruck Cafe? I will send you the address." The call ended before she could say anything else. She saw a new message from the caller and quickly went to the messaging app as she was driving. Changing the address to the cafe.

Once she arrived, she quickly parked her car in parallel before stepping out with her purse. Walking into the cafe, she saw her older sister sitting alone. She quickly went to her sister and sat in front of her. Sena looked up from her phone. She noticed her sister looked very tired. "Do you want something from the cafe? Their beverages and cakes are delicious."

Heejin shook her head. Her sister nodded. "I guess I should say what I need to say." Her sister then slid an envelope towards her. She looked at the envelope confused. "Heejin, this is my letter from Sooah." She looked at her sister even more confused. "Sooah wrote in the letter about something you may need to know. I read this letter four days after moving into my new apartment with my husband."

She took the letter and slowly opened it. She stopped midway, looking at her sister. Her sister signaled her to keep going. She slowly opened it, revealing the letter. Carefully open it before reading the letter. "Heejin, keep the letter. Use it as evidence. It may help. I have to go now since I have to attend something."

Heejin nodded before her sister left her. She quickly exited the cafe with the letter in her hands. She walked back to her car before sitting inside. She didn't turn on anything, just stared at the letter. After a few minutes of silence, she turned on the engine, seatbelted, put the address back in, and then drove away.

Once she arrived at the destination, she quickly parked her car in the parking lot before walking inside the building. She was greeted by the receptionist. "Is Mr. Sim Jaeyun in his office?" She asked. The receptionist nodded, "Do you have an appointment?" Heejin shook her head. "I am his childhood friend, Yang Heejin." The receptionist nodded, "Give me a few minutes to call his secretary just in case he has someone inside." She nodded.

Heejin took the chance to look through her phone. She checked her messages from her manager and such. "Alright, he doesn't have any appointment right now. Do you want me to tell him you are coming?" She shook her head. "I want to be a surprise." The receptionist nodded. "Alright, his office is on floor 12th, and for now you may just go to his office with this key since you are his friend." The receptionist slid her the key.

She shook her head. "I don't need it. Keep it for now." The receptionist nodded. She thanked the staff before walking to the elevator. She went inside once the elevator had arrived and pressed the 12th floor. Then she waited for the elevator to reach the floor. Once it did, she stepped outside and went to his office.

Clenching on the box that has some of Sooah's personal items closer to her she walked through the hallway and to Jaeyun's office. She knocked on the door and slowly turned the knob before walking inside. Inside was her childhood friend, looking through papers in his hands with his glasses on. He has a straight cold expression. Looking up, his expression became softer. "Heejin? Why, no erm, what brings you here? Are you okay?"

A smile grew on her face, feeling a bit relaxed. "I'm okay, Jaeyun." He smiled, feeling relieved. Taking off his glasses and putting them down. He stood up from his chair and walked towards her. "Let's sit down over there." He pointed at the couch on the left side next to the windows. She nodded, moving to the couch. They sat down comfortably.

She looked around the office. "Your office seems warm and simple," she commented. "Well, thank you. I help with the design honestly." She nodded, "It's very you, I would say." He smiled and nodded. Then she turned her attention to him. "Happy birthday, Jaeyun," she smiled. "Wait, it's my birthday?" She nodded at his shocked question. "Dang, I didn't even realize, thank you Heejin."

Heejin smiled, "Any time." Then she pulled the box from her arm with a bit of hesitation and held it out towards him. "It's a gift for you. I am sure you would appreciate it and maybe sad. I am not sure. But it's something that you would maybe like." He took the box. "Can I open it?" She nodded, signaling him to open it. He slowly opened the brown shoe box and his eyes widened. It was Sooah's belongings, mainly her well-worn black, pink, and her beloved green ballerina slippers lying inside. Next to the slippers was a small box. He slowly opened the box, and inside was a silver locket. Sooah's favorite locket that she kept on wearing and never took it off.

Jaeyun looked up at his childhood friend. He had some tears in his eyes. He felt the world had stopped for a while. Heejin smiled, feeling tears peeking through her eyes. She took a deep breath before taking out two more items. It was her sister's letter and his letter from Sooah. "I think this is a good time to give this to you too. This one is your letter—she pointed at the light blue envelope—And this one is my sister's letter that she gave to me." He nodded before he took the letters carefully.

I have my own letter to read, too. But I will read it another time. "Alright, thank you Heejin. This means a lot to me." Heejin nodded. "I know. I have to go now," she lied. Jaeyun wiped his tears. "Let me see you out." He stood up with her. Putting the letters and the box on his desk before walking his childhood friend out. They waved each other goodbyes.

 They waved each other goodbyes

© 2024 RGYUITARZ.
all right reserved