five; lara

Dear James,

You shouldn't demand, it's rather rude of you. People would find you pushy and won't bother to be in your company. It's simple. You'll be alone in life, all because you demanded too much.

James, I think you are very handsome, by the way. More handsome than the guys my mother tries to set me up with. Though, you have nothing on Wesley. That kid is like a fallen angel, literally. He'll have all the girls his age chasing after him. He's gonna be like you, I guess.

I see the woman lining up down the block for you.

And yes, my mother tries to set me up. It seems no matter how many times I tell you guys aren't interested in me, you say something that makes me blush. I should come and kick you, James Buchanan Barnes. You're not even here, and you're making me blush! You are not supposed to do that!

You are the epitome of evil, Mr. Barnes!

My mother would probably love to meet you though. She'd probably congratulate me on meeting a charming guy on my own. Then probably try to convince you too propose to me. She wants me to be a respectable woman, who has at least two children. Really, she wants me to be exactly like my sister.

And then, once we're married, she'll pull out those embarrassing baby pictures of me. Not before. She won't want to chase you away because, believe it or not (even though you probably won't) I looked like a potato as a child. And all through my childhood, I was a potato.

Don't you dare write that I'm beautiful, James Buchanan Barnes, or I will march on to the army base and slap you. And then not write to you anymore.

Have you seen Steve yet? Holy moly, if I didn't like you so much I'd probably be one of the girls lining up for him.

Don't worry, he's still as Steve as ever, he's just... Taller? I guess you could say that.

I've always been sassy, I just don't show it till the second date.

... Shit.

Ignore the part about me liking you so much. I mean I like you, I'd just think you'd benefit from dancing with better girls than me. Oh, shoot, I said it again.

Cat's outta of the bag, I guess.

Even though I've only met you like a month or two ago, I like you more than a friend, James Barnes. There, I said it, I'll leave you alone forever now.

Unless you don't want me too.

The answers to you questions are: I like tall men.

My favourite colour is cerulean.

My favourite animal is a polar bear.

My favourite smells are books and vanilla.

My favourite subject to teach is English, because I went to school with a class that didn't know proper grammar. So, I like to make sure my students have proper grammar too.

Yours truly,

Lara