twelve; lara

Dear Bucky,

I miss you already. Where are you off to now? I heard Steve is taking you all over the world to stop that HYDRA threat.

It must be lovely to see all the beautiful countries.

Taking down the HYDRA bases must have be very hard work, though. Even with Captain America on your side. I'm sure you're doing all those badass things you were talking about before you left. I just hope you aren't showing off to the other boys.

Don't die, please. I don't know what I'd do without you.

You've come to be my whole life, so please, just don't die.

I would have to bring you back to kill you myself. Plus, I doubt Steve would let you die. I mean, you guys are practically brothers, and sometimes I think you two should be the ones dating. Even though people think that that's not okay.

I'd be perfectly fine if you broke my heart to date Steve. But, just know that Peggy has sunk her nails into Steve, and I have with you. I won't be letting you go that easily.

You going away again makes me nervous. I don't know why, you've came back fine before, and I don't know why I think you won't be. So, please, be careful out there. And don't try to do the stuff Steve is doing.

I know you could probably do it too, it's just, he has the super soldier serum in him, and that makes him only a tiny bit more capable.

But, you are more badass because you are fighting HYDRA without any chemical enhancement.

(Please don't tell Steve I said that. I love you both. He's like a brother, and you are a lover.)

How is Steve? I haven't seen him since we left him to let him talk to Peggy. I'm actually surprised your flirty nature didn't come out with her. She's a beautiful woman. She's determined. She's smart and a total badass.

She's totally your type.

And now that I think about it, I'm not. Maybe you should find another woman to give your affections to. It's not like we are gonna make it in the long run.

Maybe this is infatuation. It would explain why a guy like you is dating me.

...

I'll stop before I come up with a hundred reasons why you should break up with me.

But I pose the question;

Why are you dating me?

Love,

Lara.

P.S. I love you. Tell all the other boys good luck for me.