I can't dance with two left feet (Part 1)

- Michelle -

I hate dreams . They always remind of the what ifs and could of been . And honestly, it's depressing .

I ball myself up in my covers and throw my pillow over my head . I take a deep breath and peek from under my pillow at my alarm clock .

I'm pretty sure its judging me, screaming at me that its twelve and that I need to get up .

I growl and throw the covers off me and sit up a little too quick . I rub the back of my knuckles into my eyes only to have my sight clear up and Jessie stand at my door with a cup of coffee.

She walks to my bed her heels clicking the whole walk . The aroma of the warm beverage waking my senses as she pushes a stand of my hair away from my face .

She hand my the warm cup, "Are you okay, I heard you come home and you never came back out . Sick ? "

I shake my head no as I take a sip and set the cup of my nightstand .

"No, but " The Boss " wanted me to deliver a message . He said one other guest besides yourself, Dinner at eight o'clock, Chrimsons . "

Seeing as Jessie is feeling better, you can't bet your ass and all your money she would be going .

"Get ready guest, we need to go shopping !" She jumps up and claps her hands together as if she were a child hearing a surprise and was going to tell the other children .

I stand up and place my hand on my hip and glare at her . "No, I can't . You need to find another guest to assist you during this dinner ."

A sly grin creeps across Jessie's face as she loops her arm around mine . "You're coming with me and that's final . "

She leads me to the bathroom and throws a towel at me . She pulls my ponytail out and points to the shower.

"You stink and you're coming with me, now hurry up because as I said we have shopping to do . This is not an ordinary dinner. You're going to have a good time and you will enjoy it ."

I huff at her and shove her out of the bathroom. I close the door behind her heels and lock it .

"You'll Thank me later, Michelle!" Jessie yells at me from the other the side of the door.

No, I won't. Im going to regret this so much .

I scowel at myself in the mirror as I undress myself and brush my hair .
I hurry with my shower and get dressed in faded skinny jeans and a black tank top, and throw a pair of raggy tennis shoes on . I throw my hair up in a messy bun .

I walk out of my room and slump on the couch and wait for Jessie to finish with her phone call .

I hear her phone click letting me know the phone call was finished . "Let's go ." She smiles at me and grabs the keys .

I pout as I follow her to our car . "Don't be such a cry baby . You'll have fun . Like I said, this isn't an ordinary dinner ." She pats my thigh as if she were my mother .

I cross my arms over my chest and just stare out the window.

I don't want to do this, my gut doesn't want me to do this. Its a bad idea . He's going to be there...

My heart aches and my stomach cringes at the though.

But now, we can totally show him how much of a badass we are and how kinky we can be . My inner goddess is a suited up in leather and she winks at me .

We come to a sudden halt and I'm pulled from my thoughts .

"Let's go . This place has the best ballroom gowns I've ever seen. " Jessie smiles at me and I give her a defeated grin back and open my door.

We walk through the door and we are greeted by a woman who's too happy about her job .

"Hello ladies ! Welcome to The BallRoom ." He grins a very gummy smile and pushes a small strand of her blond hair behind her ear . Why would anyone get a bowl cut like that ?

"Do you have an idea as to what you are wanting or looking for?" I can't help but just stare at this woman . She is a character just smiling like that !

"No, thank you . We are just looking at the moment. " Jessie had to answer for me . She give me a glare and pulls me away.

"That was rude, Michelle." She searches through the dresses on the rack in front of us .

"Did you see that smile ?" I whisper harshly but trying to contain a giggle .

Jessie points at a dress rack, "Go look for a dress . "

I do as she says but it didn't take me long to find the dress that called out to me . It was fucking beautiful !

It had a black corset fitted top and it rained down into a black and gray veil type material, it have a couple gemstones accented against the Brest part, but other than that it was plain . Plain but beautiful !

I walk over to the maniquin that wore the dress and flipped the tag over .

"HOLY SHIT!" I didn't mean to be so loud, but four hundred grand ?!!

Jessie runs over to me and grabs my arm .

"What the hell is your problem Michelle ?" She glares holes into my face . I'm pretty sure my brain melted, I think .

I look around noticing everyone in the store staring at me . I clear my throat and look at Jessie, and walk out of the store . I lean against the car and wait for Jessie to follow .

"What the hell was that about ?" She juts her hips out placing one hand on her hip and throws the other into the air .

"I feel as if that uncalled for spoken thought was well worth it as seeing that dress was FOUR HUNDRED FUCKING GRAND !"

And with that she turns around and heads into the store muttering to herself .

I should probably go sit in the car .

Not even ten minutes later Jessie struts out of the store with both arms full of bags of various sizes .

She. Did. Not.

"You'll thank me later, but im going to ignore you until its time to leave ." She stares ahead as she drives.

"Jeesssiiieee." I give her my best pout and puppy eyes .

"Michelle, I love you but you kill me sometimes . And yes, starting now, I'm ignoring you." And with that she turns the radio up and off to home we go .