○°●two●°○

Luke's POV:

"Don't believe anything they say, they'll build you up and break you down."

"They think you're crazy, the only friends you'll ever have are us. Me, Ashton and Calum."

"You're one crazy son of a bitch, but you can't help it. You're too stupid. Everyone wants you to leave the earth, so why don't you do it? The world needs less crazies like you."

Their voices rang in my ears, louder than anything I've ever heard before.

"Just shut up! You're not real, you're only in my head! Leave me alone!"
I yelled, covering my ears and digging my nails into my skin as I tried yelling over them.

Their voices were louder than mine, I tried to stop them but they kept yelling.

"Luke, honey. What's the matter?" My mother fell to her knees in front of me.

I couldn't catch my breath, everything was blurred by tears, her voice was inaudible, theirs overpowered hers.

"Get out of my head!" I yelled, pounding my fists on my skull.

Tears streamed down my face.

My mother pulled my chin up and cupped my face in her hands.

"Luke, look at me," She yelled. "They're not real, okay? Calm down." She helped me regulate my breathing and wiped my tears.

I looked up at her.

"They want me to kill myself," I looked back and forth between her eyes as they filled with tears.

"Don't you dare, ever try to take your life. You're too valuable for that. I could never lose you, hun." She begged me not to.

"They say that it would be better for there to be less crazies in the world." I finished.

"Luke, hun. You're not crazy." She told me, shaking her head.

I felt my body shaking as the tears fell again.

"You're lying to me, I'm as crazy as it gets. Why do you lie to me, mother?" I asked her.

"Honey, I'm not lying."

I woke up.

I looked around the room, unaware of my surroundings.

My memory finally came flooding back.

I told my mother that they said they wanted me to kill her, and then she brought me here.

The White Sanitarium.

This place is the definition of 'rotten'.

The concrete walls were uneven from patients trying to escape by digging through them. The metal door that was padlocked in many places was rusted and more than half of the locks didn't hold back even the weakest of patients. The whole place needed a makeover, but there was no where they could keep all the crazies that are living here. Like me.