I'm Never The One- Chapter 6

Elena's POV

Stefan drove Bonnie, Kaitlyn, and I home after he healed Bonnie with his blood. Stefan was right about Damon being dangerous. He's not only out to hurt us, but to harm our friends and family.

We finally arrive at our house and Kaitlyn helps me guide Bonnie into the house and up to Kaitlyn's bedroom. We get her tucked into Kaitlyn's bed and then I realize Stefan didn't follow us.

I race downstairs and find him at the doorway. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"You need to invite me in," he informs me.

"Oh. Well, Stefan Salvatore I grant you permission to enter my home," I say laughing. He comes in grinning, but then suddenly frowns for no reason. "What's wrong now?" I ask, placing my hands on my hips slightly annoyed.

"Damon told me something..."

"Why would you believe for one second anything Damon says?"

"Last night he came home shirtless. Did he and you..."

"I don't like Damon! Nothing happened between us! I hate him! Look what he did to Bonnie!"

"Yeah," he agrees. "He must have just of been messing with me; trying to get under my skin."

I nod. "Let's just forget about it and go check on Bonnie."

We go upstairs together.

Stefan's POV

I follow Elena up to Kaitlyn's room and sit on the edge of her bed. "How's she doing?"

"Better. She's sleeping it off," Kaitlyn tells me. I nod and look down at my hands not knowing what else to say.

That's when I see something peeking out from under her bed. I lean over and pick it up. It's a black shirt. Damon's shirt.

Kaitlyn notices me holding it and quickly snatches it out of my hand. "Must be one of Jeremy's," she lies.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Elena glaring at me. When she realizes I'm not going to say anything, she speaks up. "Kaitlyn, we know. That's not Jeremy's. It's Damon's."

Kaitlyn's face turns bright red and she looks like she is about to cry. "It was mistake," she whimpers.

Elena instantly wraps her in a hug and soon she is crying.

"It's not your fault. It's Damon's. He probably compelled you or forced you," I assure her.

"No," she shakes her head quickly. "He asked my permission. He didn't make me do anything I didn't want to do. I thought he actually cared for me, so I broke up with Matt. I guess I was wrong seeing as how he hurt Bonnie."

Elena pulls away from their hug and Kaitlyn does her best to silence her sobs. "Did you sleep with him?" she asks quietly. I knew this question would have to come up eventually. I'm just glad Elena asked and not me. It is a sensitive subject.

"No, you knocked on the door before we went any further than kissing, but I still feel filthy," answers Kaitlyn shaking.

I knew my brother was cruel but I actually thought he felt for the twins deep down. Especially Kaitlyn. I guess Kaitlyn wasn't the only one who was wrong about him.

Caroline's POV

I walk over to get another drink when I hear screaming coming from someone running out of the woods. A crowd forms around the person and I push people out of the way to get a better view of what is going on.

Oh my God! It's Jeremy and Vicki. Jeremy's holding Vicki and she's losing a lot of blood.

I run up to them at the same time Matt does and pull out my IPhone. "I'm going to call an ambulance and my mom!" I yell. Matt nods as I start dialing the numbers.