𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 - 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒 ˚。⋆ ༘˚✧
· · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · ·
𝐢𝐱.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 much-anticipated Huxley Five Day Event has drawn to a close, and what an event it was! Society is left buzzing with tales of splendor, delight, and a few intriguing mysteries.

The festivities were nothing short of spectacular, with the grand ball dazzling all in attendance. Yet, one could not help but notice that Miss Athena Huxley, usually the life of the party, seemed rather distant. Could it be that our dear Miss Huxley has something on her mind, or perhaps someone?

Speaking of captivating pairs, Mr. Benedict Bridgerton was seen dancing quite frequently with the charming Miss Waterloo. Might we dare hope that Mr. Bridgerton is finally on the verge of finding a bride? This author certainly believes that the signs are promising.

In contrast, Miss Eloise Bridgerton and Miss Penelope Featherington once again managed to deftly avoid the attentions of the season's eligible bachelors. One wonders if these two determined ladies will ever succumb to the societal pressures of matrimony.

As always, dear readers, your faithful correspondent shall keep a vigilant eye on all developments. Until then, continue to sparkle and shine in our ever-fascinating society.

Lady Whistledown's Society Papers,
27 June 1815

𝐀𝐋𝐋 the guests had departed, leaving only Athena and her family within the once bustling house. Athena found herself laying outside on a blanket, an act of defiance that would surely incur her mama's wrath were she not preoccupied with packing down her extensive wardrobe.

Her mama, ever concerned with propriety and the relentless march of time, had insisted they return to London. The season was far from over, and Athena's age had become a point of contention. "Next year," her mama had argued, "no one will want to marry a girl of your age."

She had not even returned to London yet, and already her thoughts turned to escaping once more. Last night, she and Lord Beaumont had spoken for hours about their respective futures. Her mama had been adamant: marry Lord Beaumont, whether she wished to or not.

Athena's feelings towards Lord Beaumont were complex. While she found his company agreeable, she did not love him. There was no spark, no yearning for his presence. It was a connection of convenience and propriety, not of the heart.

They had both agreed to announce their engagement at the Somerset House gallery outing next Tuesday, a mere four days away. The weight of this decision pressed upon her, yet Athena knew that a life with Lord Beaumont would be comfortable and secure.

"Athena, you are ruining your dress, sweetheart," her mama admonished as she stepped outside, a small fan in her hand. "Why aren't you packing for our departure?"

Athena ignored her, her gaze still fixed on the clouds drifting lazily above.

Her mama walked closer and bent down so they faced each other. "Athena Huxley, do not ignore your mother."

Athena took a deep breath and propped herself up on her elbows. "I am already packed and finished. Can I not just enjoy the fresh air?" She crossed her arms, a flicker of defiance in her eyes.