Chapter 4

You started to see darkness around you trying to slip you into the dark lonely cavern of your mind, but it didn't.

You see a bright light and hear muffled screaming. You see a man in a surgeons mask and a syringe filled with some kind of purple liquid. Your eyes widen as you see him bring it closer to your arms.

Screaming you try as hard as you can to get your arms and legs out of the stapes holding you to the table. Just as he's about to put the needle in your arm, you hear a voice scream out to you.

"(Y/n)!!!!!!"

You wake up covered in cold sweat and someone's arms around you. Thinking there trying to hurt you, you struggle against them and they tighten your hold on you.

"(Y/n)! It's me Steve calm down it was just a dream. Your safe." You relax in his hold and wrap your arms around his chest and cry.

He smooths down your hair and whispers soft words to you to calm you down. Once you finally calm down your met with silence.

Neither one of you moving to release your embrace or speak you just sit there. After what felt like an eternity Steve breaks the silence.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Going back to the nightmare you shake your head. He rubs your back and you move away from him and wipe away the left over tears.

"Did I wake you up?"

"No I was on the phone with Fury when I heard you screaming." You look down at your shaky hands and place them on your lap. You see Steve get up and walk away from the couch.

'Was that a nightmare or a memory?'

You hear Steve walk back into the room and look up to see him holding a glass of water.

He holds it out to you, taking the glass you drink a little bit of it then set it on the coffee table.

"You should get some sleep Steve. I'm sure you have a job to get to." You hear him chuckle and you look up at him.

"Right now the only job I have is taking care of you since no one else knows who you are." He sits on the arm of the couch and wraps an arm around your shoulder.

You wrap your hand around the arm of is shoulder and lean into him. You feel a feeing of déjà vu wash over you and look up at Steve.

"Did you always do this when I had a nightmare?"

"Ya, whenever me and Bucky would stayed the night at your place, most of the time you'd have a nightmare. Bucky would grab a bunch of blankets and make a fort while I comforted you." You smile and start to feel your eyes getting heavy.

"Do you think Bucky survived the fall somehow and is trapped in ice like we were?" You feel him stiffen and rub your arm.
"You and your over active brain. You haven't changed." You laugh and start to fall asleep.

"Well I think so." You say as you fall asleep.

"At least someone does." Steve sighs.

He lays you back down and pulls the blanket over you. He sits on the floor and watches you(not in the creepy Edward Cullen way).
-------------------------
I'm so srry it's short!!! And for not posting in forever! Should I add Bucky to this or not let me know! Also I'm srry for any spelling errors! It's late here and I'm tired.
~Jay <3