Nine;

I pulled out my phone, the illuminated white symbols telling me that it was 3:07 pm and that Ashton was late. Sighing dramatically, I leaned against the brick wall of the school. He had promised to be here at 3 o'clock, but where was he?

"Who you waiting for?" My brother Jack asked, taking up the same pose as me and resting his back on the wall. He wasn't decked out in his hockey gear for a change, but I was sure that there was a practise.

Jack was the type of person to stick out his foot and trip you just for a laugh, but to cuddle with you on the couch for the rest of the night to make up for it. Everyone admired Ben for his mature attitude and responsible outlook on things, and they looked up to Jack for the opposite reasons.

"Me?" I asked, acting dumbfounded. "Nobody."

Jack smirked, teasingly. "Lukey got a boyfriend?"

I felt myself blush, my cheeks bleeding bright berry. "Shouldn't you be at a practise?"

His hand reached out to ruffle my hair, but I dodged his attack, all too used to his annoyances. Jack laughed, deep and rumbling, the complete opposite to Ashton's alluring giggle. I rolled my eyes, smoothing out my skirt and pulling up my knee socks just that little bit higher.

"Nah," Jack spoke, and I saw a group of girls a few meters away pointing at him and whispering. I heard snippets of their conversation and I wasn't surprised to hear them gushing about my older brother. He was all that the girls ever talked about. "Ben's taking the odds after school, I took evens at lunch."

I nodded, thankful his simple terminology made sense to me, and I grinned as Ashton's car pulled up in front of us. Quickly opening the door and helping myself in, I left my bag with Jack, telling him to take it home with him. He didn't even have time to interrogate Ashton or myself.

"Who was that?" Ashton asked. I could hear the hidden anger and I realised he was jealous. His hands were tight on the steering wheel of his car and his knuckles were chalky-white.

"That," I said. "Was my older brother, Jack."

Ash visibly relaxed. He looked like all of the tension melted away, leaving behind my happy, go-lucky boy. "Thought so," he lied. "You look alike a bit."

One of his hands casually dropped from the wheel, slowly inching closer and closer to my body. I refrained myself from shivering as his hand landed at it's destination, resting on my knee. It wasn't in a dirty, perverted fashion. It was just sitting there, innocent and friendly. I gingerly placed my shaking hand on top of his and his eyes turned from the road to me and he flashed a smile.

We sat like that for a minute, in silence, pretending that we weren't touching whatsoever. Ashton stopped at a red light, first in a long line of traffic. He turned to me quickly.

"Can I kiss you?"

I nodded, feeling his fingertips barely on my jaw, before his lips softly grazed mine. They were soft and skilled as they worked with mine. I bit on his bottom lip accidentally and he moaned. Trying to deepen the kiss, I weaved my fingers within his wavy caramel locks, but he pulled away, the red light switching to an evergreen.

"Why were you late?" I asked breathlessly, not liking the thick silence that came with Ashton's car today. He was usually talkative, or the radio would be on. Anything but this deafening silence.

"I had a band practise with Calum and I completely forgot," Ashton pouted. "I'm so sorry, princess."

I folded my arms across my chest. "Guess you'll have to make it up to me then."

::

im laughing because i said this book would move quickly but i spend like 4 chapters on one day

does anyone know what the hell is going on with #5onthewall?? lmao