I PISS OFF MY WORST ENEMY

"Luck is not one of choice, it is one of worthy."

______________________________________

        I don't like to beat around the bush, so let's get introductions out of the way, shall we?

        My name is Arianna Wolf.

        I'm eleven an a half years old, and things in my life were going swimmingly until about two months ago. What happened two months ago you ask? I found out I was a Demigod, that's what happened.

       More commonly known as half-blood, a Demigod is the offspring of human, and a God or Goddess from Greek or Roman mythology. Now, that sentence would be true if it weren't for the fact that Roman mythology, isn't really a myth.

        Yup, you heard it here folks, that stuff is all real, and really dangerous. Trust me, it's not as cool as you think, there is so much running involved, it feels like an episode of Doctor Who.

           So here's my recommendation for you, if you feel something stir inside of you, if you have that odd sense of déjà vù while reading, turn off your device and throw it out into the street. That will buy you some time, because once you know, they'll know you know and hunt you down. Not so cool now, is it?

         Before everything happened, I was a normal girl. Well, as normal as I could get, at least. I attended Eric's School for 'gifted' Children in Loving, Nevada. Was I a gifted child?

        Sure, you could put it that way.

        You see, I had sort of a reputation for all things unlucky. Once, in second grade, the whole class was making microwave s'mores, and of course, when it was my turn, the whole microwave exploded and the room caught on fire. I was expelled immediately. Another time, in fourth grade, we had taken a trip to the Zoo. All those poor animals in cages. Well, let's just say everyone got a little too close to nature that day. The list goes on and on, always ending up in me being expelled and moving away.

        My father was the only thing I had around constantly, and I was forever thankful for that. He never blamed me for all those things that happened, he was just kind and sweet. He was also a dork. A peanut-butter-&-jelly-eating-Star-Wars-marathon-watching dork, and I loved him with all my heart.

        So I promised him that this year would be different, I promised him that I wouldn't get expelled. And so far, it was going great. No explosive microwaves, or killer lions. But man, I had no idea that all of that was about to change.

        It was the last week of school and everyone was hype, and I mean hype. Trouble makers were up to no good, the kids with severe ADHD were drawing on the walls, and the teachers had already given up; it was crazy. So we decided to ditch the last few classes of the day. By 'we' I mean me and Haley Comet, my best friend.

        It wasn't like we could leave school grounds, and we didn't, we headed straight for the field.

        Out of nowhere, she bet me five dollars that I couldn't do a backflip. Now, I'm not the most competitive person in the world, but this I could do. I smirked and proceeded to do what she asked.

       "Aha!" I yelled in victory as I landed on my feet perfectly. Feeling confident, I puffed out my nonexistent chest and put my hands on my hips. I looked over at Haley smugly, only to see her shaking her head in disappointment. Haley was a half a year older than I, and somehow managed to skip a grade, she almost always had her long, bleach blonde hair in pigtails, and had a quite unique sense of fashion. Today, she was wearing green and yellow striped knee-high tube socks, a pair of tan shorts, and a green tank-top with yellow lettering that read, It's summer! If you haven't guessed, Haley loved to express herself through her clothing.

        I extended my hand and grinned. "Pay up." She sighed in frustration and stuck her hand in her pocket, then slapped the crisp five dollar bill in my hand.

       "This is unfair!" She whined, "how was I supposed to know that you could do one or not?"

        "You're the one who made the bet, sweet cheeks." I said, mimicking our English teacher's voice, which sounded like and evil French villain combined with a gruff New Yorker that just stubbed his toe. Haley covered her mouth to keep from laughing.

        "Don't say that he might hear you!" She hissed, her green eyes widening as she looked from left to right. We were in the "Meditation" field, which was just a flat grass area with a few Apple trees scattered here and there. The nearest teacher was fifty feet away, and it looked like he was preoccupied with his fingers at the moment. I rolled my eyes at her and crossed my arms.

        "Haley, Hedge isn't even on duty today. In fact, I'm pretty sure I saw him eating a plastic cup in the teacher's lounge earlier." I sighed, it wasn't uncommon for teachers to be just as nuts as the kids they teach here. Just another perk of being 'gifted'.

        I took a deep breath, expecting the fresh air, instead, my senses were treated to sickly sweet perfume. My body tensed and a low growl escaped my throat.

        "Hello, girls," came a voice that was just as sickly sweet as the perfume. "Or should I say girl."

        Haley frowned and crossed her arms. It was rare to see my best friend frown, she was always so happy, but I guess Monique brought out the bad in everyone. Ever since I stepped foot in this school, that girl has tormented me whenever she could. Constantly saying things like I looked like a boy; and I get it, from behind, a simple mistake, but she just kept on pushing it. And on top of that, there was something different about her, I couldn't quite place.

        "Oh, honey, orange is not your color," Monique said, gesturing to my slightly oversized shirt, that just so happened to be orange. One of her minions giggled and smiled demonically. I just wanted to slap the smirks right off their perfect faces, but I did the right thing this time, I crossed my arms and glared.

"What do you want, Monique?" Haley spat.

"Oh, nothing," She replied, twisting one of her long, golden locks around her finger. I glared harder.

        "Listen, Barbie, I have absolutely no tolerance for any sort of bull coming from you, so leave." My voice was strong and forceful as I held my stance. Monique's eyes flashed red and she glared at me.

        If looks could kill, i'd be dead.

        "I will not allow some godling to talk to me in such a way." She said the word godling like it was the most disgusting thing on the planet. I kind of felt like I had missed out on a portion of the conversation, because I had no idea what was happening. It wasn't until her fingers wrapped around my neck and started to block off my air supply, that I finally started to worry.

        "What do you think girls, is she the one?" Monique asked in a hushed tone. What was that supposed to mean? That I was the one they were going to murder? Apparently?

        "Those eyes could be one of Zeus," the other girl hummed. At this point, black spots were invading my vision and I felt the world start to spin. I only had one thing on my mind: I was gonna die.