AN APPLE SAVES MY LIFE

"The beginning is never the end, but the end is always the beginning."
____________________________________________________

One word echoed in my mind:

Why?

Why me, what could I have possibly done to earn a fate like this? My eyes had started to water and the spots in my eyes were getting bigger, as my body was being deprived of oxygen. Which, last time I checked, is pretty important. But I guess when you're being strangled to death by a crazy fashion diva, it doesn't really matter.

All of the sudden, the pressure in on my neck was released, followed by a very girly, "Ow!" And a thump of something hitting the ground. My body fell to the earth as I greedily sucked in air and tried to crawl away.

"Get your perfectly manicured claws off my friend!" A wavering voice cried. I looked up to see a very scared Haley, with an apple in each hand, holding onto them like they were the only thing keeping her alive. Which, didn't seem too far off from the truth, at the moment.

"You dare defy usss, half-blood?" Monique asked, although her voice didn't sound human anymore. It sounded like too many voices speaking all at once, as if she had multiple mouths all speaking at the same time. My nose crinkled at the image that popped into my head.

I felt like Frosty the snowman decided to play tick-tack-toe on my back as I watched Haley's face turn from a look of horror, to plane terror. I didn't want to turn around, I really didn't; but it was like someone telling you not to think about elephants. When they said that, all you wanted to do was think about them.

I don't think I could ever unsee what I saw. Monique somehow managed to fuse herself with her minions, and I'm not talking arm in arm, skip-to-my-loo fusing. I'm talking my limbs are your limbs now kind of fusing, and it didn't stop there. Their once perfect faces mutated and elongated into snouts, their necks grew longer, their skin turned into scales and turned a horrible shade of green. A tail the size of a school bus waved around in the air as huge dragon like claws erupted from the creatures feet.

The whole experience was horrifying to say the least. And there was one thing in my mind that seemed to scream out at me.

      Run.

      So I ran; I ran like there was no tomorrow. I was dragging Haley with me of course, couldn't let her die now could I? There was an almost deafening sound from the monster behind us, then large footsteps following us. It was chasing us.

      Oh god, I was being chased by giant mutated lizards.