Chapter 24

"Joyce."

"Joyce."

The deep soft voice reached my ears and my eyes fluttered open tiredly.
Yeosang's face was mere inches away from mine and he gazed into my eyes.
"It's getting late." He whispered softly.

"How late?" I asked groggily, already closing my eyes again.

"Almost nine."

My eyes snapped open at that and I instantly sat up, Yeosang following suit much slower.
"Why didn't you wake me earlier? It's so late!" I slightly panicked, not from what my mom and sister might think because I knew that would say it's okay and leave me alone, but my father was a whole different story.
No one could ever be sure how he'd react to something.

"You needed the rest. I didn't want to disturb you." Yeosang muttered with loving eyes looking at me. His fingertips ran up and down my back and I wished to stay here in this room with him forever, but sadly I couldn't do that.

"Thank you," I smiled slightly, feeling myself blush and the room felt hot.
"Although I still have to seriously go now."

"It's okay, I'll walk you home." Yeosang suggested and already stood up. I grabbed his hand and pulled the covers closer around me as I stood up next to him "I don't know how it will turn out if my dad sees you... I'll go by myself, it's okay. Better safe than sorry." I said.

"Absolutely not. I will accompany you and if it really bothers you to let your father see me then I'll stop around a corner and you can walk the rest of the way alone, but I'll keep my eyes on you. Better safe than sorry." he repeated my words at the last sentence and I felt my heart swoon at everything he said.

"It doesn't bother me!" I also quickly said. "But it would bother him. He doesn't like anyone I hang out with anymore, I fear. He wants to meet you, my friends, but he doesn't know anything about you and for good reason. He'll just try to separate all of us." I told him and Yeosang began frowning in the middle of my speak.

"Why?"

"Just- mhm... I'll tell you some other day." I shook it off and turned away to gather my clothes.

I had my back turned to Yeosang as I put my clothes on but I could feel his eyes burning through me.

"You can talk to all of us when you're ready." I heard him say.

I looked at him over my shoulder and smiled "I will."

Yeosang smiled back and got the rest of his clothes as well.
When we were fully dressed, he walked with me out the door and i to the cold evening air.
It was chilled outside and a comfortable silence surrounded us as we walked.

I crossed my arms pulling closer to myself to warm up more as it got colder the more we were outside.

"Are you cold?"