Forty Six.

TW !: physical punishment from a teacher to a student/an abusive punishment

Emmy hissed as she disinfected the wounds on her knuckles, gently wiping away the excess blood, missing the worried look from Tory. 

When the two came back, it was almost immediate hell for them. Emmy was immediately pulled aside by Sensei Kim and was put to work. She couldn't even count how many times she punched that stone block before it finally broke. 

Emmy began to slowly wrap her hand, feeling the occasional stares from the other students. 

"Mr. Keene."

Her head snapped up, and she looked over her shoulder. Her eyes widened as she saw Robby walk into the room, his eyes instantly going to her. They then trailed down to the bottle of disinfectant on the floor by the bench she was sitting on, and she quickly kicked it away, putting her injured hand behind her back. 

"To what do we owe the pleasure?"

Robby shrugged. "I came here to apologize."

Emmy looked at him in confusion, and was itching to scream at him to get out before he got hurt. But her mouth wouldn't let her, and she watched as he faced the students. "I let you down. I turned my back on you. I didn't understand it at the time, but I realize now that I was wrong. I shouldn't have just left. I should have take you all with me. Everything you're taught here is bullshit."

Emmy immediately got to her feet, feeling the sudden shift in the atmosphere. She looked over at Kim, who merely looked at her to stop moving. So she did. 

"There is pain in this dojo and it's built upon fear, because this man is not your sensei, he is your enemy. But it's not too late for you. You're not past the point of no return. And I promise, there's still another way."

Silver slow clapped. "Bold move, Mr. Keene. Bold move. We've heard you out. Now it's my turn to speak. Joon-bee stance! Right leg back, kia! Forward strike, side kick, kia! There's a difference between being heard and being listened to. They heard you. But they listen to me Now...if you don't mind, we've got some training to do. Ms. LaRusso!"

He turned to the girl. "New task. Take out the trash."

She wanted to scoff, but a cold chill ran through her at the thought of what could happen if she didn't listen and stepped forward. She roughly grabbed Robby's arm, and the dragged the both of them to the front door. 

She used her body to push the door open, and Robby yanked his arm away from her, looking at her in disbelief. "Emmy ⎯ "

"Walk away," she coldly told him. "You did it once, now do it again."

He looked down at her hand, seeing that there was still a bit of the bandage dangling off since she wasn't done wrapping her hand. "Slip on the dojo floor again?"