Chapter: 40

Eran's POV

After Rose left from my farmhouse, speeding, I closed the door to my house and turned to see my friends staring at me desperately waiting for answers I'm not yet ready to answer. Clearing my throat, I marched towards the refrigerator and quickly chugged ice cold water.

I closed my eyes and let the feeling of chills around my throat wash through me. It really did seem to calm my nerves a little bit. Didn't quite do the job fully, but this would do, for now. Sighing, I ran a frustrated hand over my hair and turned towards my friends. I raised my eyebrows, waiting for them to break the ice already.

"So, what just happened?" asked Ricky. I rolled my eyes, and started to act all chilled and relaxed as if none of these affected me, not even an inch. When in reality, my mind feels as if its going to explode at any given minute.

"oh we had a fight, so that's why she went home, umm, maybe she didn't feel comfortable here with me, given the timing of my birthday and also the fight" I replied, trying my level best to look all calm and composed but I bet, it did the exact opposite. Ricky and Hunter looked at each other and they both placed their hands on their hips and stared at me with, disbelief? I guess?

I sighed once more as I felt pure annoyance bubbling in my veins. "Look, its normal for couples to fight, and its okay, can we please continue with the party now?" I say as Ricky looks at me, his eyes almost burning a hole on my cheek.

"Umm, Eran, don't mind me asking, but have we ever seen her before? She looks very familiar to me for some reason" he asks, his voice sounded all heavy, a living proof that he wasn't fucking around, but rather seemed serious as hell.

"No, I haven't introduced you all to her before. She likes to keep to herself" I say, my sentence all curt and short. I refrain from telling them how me and Rose have met only for once, and how we have been talking nonstop, and how it seemed too good to be true.

Also how I'm slowly slipping in love with her

Absolutely not needed for them to know. I didn't want our story to be a topic of discussion for anyone else. Being a topic of discussion means, gossiping about it, and gossiping means they will judge us, and will try to paint many different versions of our story, that won't even exist, I bet. So no, I would hate it something like that happened to us.

Also, when did Rose and I, turn into us?

"what do you mean, couples fight? You guys are together? Since when?" asked Hunter as I noticed how Ricky's penetrating gaze never left my face. "No we aren't, but soon will be. I am willing to ask her to be my girlfriend" I reply. But I realise how I didn't feel that much optimistic and enthusiastic while admitting to it loud.

Maybe it's the incidents which happened today, maybe my mind felt jumbled because of all the things happened today. Rose was right, it really had been a long day. I so need a good sleep, one that would take me away from tonight's incidents, this interrogation and the realization how my mother was yet to wish me for my birthday.

She is someone who never ever forgets my birthdays. She will forget to water her plants, or take her medicines, or hell even drink water, but not my birthday. So that brings me to, she might have had a bad fight with my father which might have forced her to push my topic out of her mind.

I look towards Ricky and now he is staring at the floor and its pretty obvious that thousands of thoughts are now racing through his restless mind. So I did what I always do.

Ignore

"where you going?" asked Charlie. When the hell did Charlie come?

"Yeah, I came right behind someone, who apparently is Rose, and she was speeding like a maniac when she was coming over at your place" he says, as a matter of factly, even though I didn't ask any of the questions.

"Yeah dude, your face comes with subtitles, something you weren't much aware of. Clearly!" again says Charlie.

How the fuck is he able to detect each and every single thing that im thinking of right now. What is up with today anyways? Why is everything so weird and shocking.

Before I opened my mouth to answer, Hunter answered it for me. "Okayyy, lets just call it a night and we could go back to the room and do something else"

He is my best friend.

I quickly nodded my head and said, "yes that would be great, also are the pizzas over?" "Charlie's home, do you think you could have saved yourself a slice while him being around?" says Ricky. And a course of relief washed through me seeing the change in his tone of talking. He no longer seems all serious and interrogative. But something tells me, he wasn't going to let it go.

"Traitor" says Charlie as Hunter chuckles almost inaudibly. I quickly glance towards my mobile phone which still continues to lies on that wooden table, its pieces laid beside it as if it was screaming for help.

It was very obvious that I wouldn't be able to talk to Rose today, not that I was ready to. I was about to kiss her today, something I should have asked her permission for. I couldn't believe how insolent that was of me to assume that she might have wanted the same. Her hands pressed firmly on my chest, to push me slightly, hurt me a lot. I would have given my everything to make that feel of the warmth of her palm against my chest, but this feeling was something that I didn't want to linger.

But something tells me that it was about to be branded on my chest like a fucking tattoo.