Chapter 4: Equestria Falls

Chapter title inspired by My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic's Rainbow Falls episode. Reference, too.

In this chapter, I'm saying that Equestria is a state. Think; a big state like Texas.

Sunset Shimmer's Point of View
My friends came beside me at last. "We must return to Ponyville--and fast!" Rarity said. "Rarity's right," Applejack said. "We have to stop Sombra!"

"Gotta dash," Fluttershy squeaked, panicked. Rainbow Dash looked at the yellow pegasus. "No pun intended, Dashie," she added quickly. Rainbow Dash smiled.

But it quickly faded. "We have to stop Sombra!" she reminded us all. "Oh yeah!"

We ran/flew as fast as we could to Ponyville. Once we got there, we saw a huge shadow creeping into Twilight's kingdom. Twilight gasped. "Sombra's in there!" she pointed.

We ran inside. Sombra was in the throne room, as a pony. His hoof was right above my element. "No!" I shrieked. I pounced on him, making him tumble to the cold, hard floor. The king growled at me. He lashed at me with his horn.

A laser of purple suddenly shot out, hitting Sombra. It was Twilight. "Twilight, this is my element he's after. Let this be my job," I told the lavender alicorn without looking at her. I was more focused on my element and Sombra.

I threw myself on top of Sombra. "Stay away from my element!" I snarled at him. I charged up my magic. With all my might, I released it, sending it to him. He screamed in pain, then disappeared. What was left was a pile of ashes. I panted.

Suddenly, I was thrown to the other side of the room. "Aah!" I yelled. My side hit the wall hard. It felt like it was burning as it stung in massive pain. I finally collapsed, overwhelmed by the pain.

Twilight's Point of View
I gasped as a black blur sent Sunset Shimmer flying across the room. The yellow unicorn screamed once she hit the wall. Ouch.

The black blur abruptly halted to a stop. I gasped at the familiar pony. "Queen Chrysalis," Rainbow Dash growled.

The changeling queen trotted up to the Element of Friendship. Without hesitation, she laughed evilly, bringing her hoof down forcefully onto the element, shattering it to pieces. All I could do was gape and sit there.

A voice unexpectedly rang through my thoughts. 'If the Element of Friendship is destroyed, Equestria will fall ...' What?! My mind suddenly went crazy. Then my heart skipped a whole beat. Equestria ... I have failed you ... Tears welled up in my eyes as I grew angrier and angrier. I lunged at Chrysalis. "You will regret destroying the element," I growled. Chrysalis chuckled evilly. "Oh, of course I won't." I kicked her horn.

Suddenly, the ground began to rumble. "Equestria ... Is falling!" I yelled. "We have to get out of here!" I ran out with Rarity, Pinkie, and Applejack. I looked back. "What are you doing?!" I yelled back to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. "We're helping Sunset Shimmer, remember?!" Rainbow Dash yelled back. "Hurry!" I called.

Tears kept streaming down my eyes, but in anger. Why? Why the Element of Friendship and not the others?

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy dragged out the unconscious Sunset Shimmer. The yellow unicorn suddenly squirmed.

"She's alive!" I exclaimed.

Sunset Shimmer's Point of View
"She's alive!" a familiar voice exclaimed.

I opened my eyes. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy seemed to be ... Dragging me ... I blushed in embarrassment, and then got up.

I gasped as I felt rumbling from under my hooves. What in Equestria ...?

"No time to explain. Equestria is falling!" Twilight yelled to me. "Well, then ... RUN!" I shouted. And so the seven of us ponies ran away ... Far away.

I turned around, Twilight's castle collapsing. "NOOOOOO!!" Queen Chrysalis's scream rang out. But it abruptly stopped when the castle fell over.

I kept running, as fast as my four legs could carry me. After five minutes of running, I tripped on an easily seen rock, and tumbled down into the sand (yes, we ran about five miles). Rainbow saw this. "Wait!" she shouted. The five other ponies stopped and turned around. They saw me, collapsed on the sand.

I suddenly felt dizzy from exhaustion, and I passed out.

Rainbow Dash's Point of View
Behind me, I saw Sunset Shimmer collapse, probably from exhaustion. "Wait!" I shouted to the other five. I couldn't just leave Sunset Shimmer lying on the ground, could I? Oh, come on, I'm loyal to my friends!

I flew back to Sunset Shimmer. She was passed out.

"Nnngh," I grunted, picking up Sunset Shimmer in my hooves.

"Uh, a little help?" I laughed nervously. Celestia, I never asked for help in my life! Eh, who cares ...

Fluttershy came to help me with Sunset. Together we hauled up Sunset Shimmer in our hooves, dragging her along with us.

"Look!" Twilight said. She pointed at a grassy area. What separated us from the area was a small river.

I looked behind me. There was no more Equestria ... I could see only blue.

"We can live right here!" Applejack said.

"Fabulous!" Rarity exclaimed.

A/N
Hehehe ... This is the last chapter! But I'll make an epilogue. Sorry guys ... It's just that I don't have any ideas for this story now ... There's no sequel too ;~;. Sorry once again ...