┃CHAPTER 31┃

🌺 ℌ𝔢𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔭𝔢 𝔉𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯 🌺

The path was winding and unfamiliar, with the trees growing closer together as they moved further away from the waterfall. The sounds of the others' laughter and splashing faded into the background, replaced by the soft rustling of leaves and the occasional bird call.

Yoongi's heart began to beat faster with each step, a mixture of curiosity and something else-something he couldn't quite name-building within him.

Where could Hoseok possibly be taking him? The way was long, much longer than Yoongi had expected, and yet Hoseok seemed determined, focused on their destination. The mystery of it all, the unknown, was making Yoongi's mind race.

He trusted Hoseok completely, but he couldn't help but wonder what awaited them at the end of this journey.

"Hoseok, where are we heading?" Yoongi asked even tho he knew the younger is persistent and won't reply to him.

And he was correct!

"Just wait Hyung, we are near!!!" Hoseok replied making his grip tighter on Yoongi's hand.

As they finally reached the spot, Yoongi froze, eyes wide in disbelief. Before him lay a breathtaking field of Heliotropes, their purple blossoms stretching out as far as he could see. Hoseok let go of Yoongi's hand and ran into the field, calling out to the older man, his voice filled with excitement.

Yoongi stood there, stunned by the sight. A flower field in the middle of the forest was the last thing he had expected, but as Hoseok's voice beckoned him, he couldn't resist.

Slowly, a huge gummy smile spread across his face, and before he knew it, he was running after Hoseok, laughing like a child who had just discovered a carnival for the first time. He hopped and dashed through the field, his heart light and full of joy.

"Hoseok, where did you find this place?" Yoongi asked, his voice filled with wonder as he bent down to sniff the flowers.

"I heard about it from a friend," Hoseok replied, watching Yoongi with a fond smile. "He recently got engaged, and he proposed to his girlfriend here when he first discovered this place."

Yoongi straightened up, still inhaling the sweet scent of the Heliotropes. "I heard this place will for sure make your partner say yes if you confess your love here... Quite romantic, right?"

Yoongi chuckled, shaking his head. "I'm actually an anti-romantic, but like you said, I'm sure the partner would definitely say yes because, damn, this place is beautiful."

Hoseok's heart pounded in his chest as he took a deep breath. "That means I can confess now, right?"

"What did you say? Sorry, I can't hear you, you're too far away!" Yoongi shouted, his voice filled with playful teasing. He was too caught up in the moment, too busy enjoying the unexpected happiness this field had brought him.

Hoseok chuckled nervously, his heart racing. "You were running like a kid, so no wonder we're far apart! Wait, let me come to you," he called back, starting to run towards Yoongi.

When he finally reached Yoongi, he stood still for a moment, catching his breath. Yoongi looked at him, still smiling, a lightness in his eyes that Hoseok hadn't seen in a long time. "Hoseok, calm down, I'm still here..." Yoongi said, his laughter contagious.

Hoseok gazed at him, a warm, admiring smile on his face. "I swear, whoever made you deserves a global prize... That smile of yours really gives me butterflies every time. You should smile more, Hyung."