Chapter 3

I know that the picture has nothing to do with this, but whatever.

Chapter 3:

To Experiment With Strength and The Bell Test of Fate

Early the next morning...2:30 AM

Sakura was on the verge of collapsing by the time she felt like she was good. She had trained nonstop the whole night, with only two two minute water breaks and three minutes to meditate so she could replenish a little chakra. When she finally finished, she grinned at the sight. The training ground she used was full of cracks, medium size craters, and debris.

She beamed proudly and fell, laying on her back in the middle of the broken training field.

She looked up at the slowly brightening sky. The sun was just rising over the horizon and the sky was clear of clouds.

Sakura sighed happily.

Peace was all there is in this time line. I miss this, She thought, happily remembering the good times she had in her first life with her friends and family.

Then Sakura's face became grim and she gritted her teeth, pissed.

No. As I'm laying here, doing nothing, my enemies are scheming and readying themselves to destroy my home, She thought, angry at herself for indulging in selfish bliss.

Stiffly, she attempted to sit up. Unfortunetly, she'd pushed herself to her limits while she was training and fell back down. She breathed heavily and gazed sadly at the bright and peaceful sky.

Hey, Mato, She called. You there?

There was a short moment of silence before she replied.

Yeah, I'm here. What do you want?

Sakura was quiet, thinking, before she spoke. What happened to everyone else?

Sakura couldn't see her, but Mato raised an eyebrow, curiously. What do you mean?

I mean, I'm here in this time, but what happened to the others. Naruto, my friends, my parents, She said quietly and paused, daring herself to say it. And Sasuke.

Mato stayed silent, pondering on what to say. It was silent for so long, Sakura could feel the blood pulsing in her neck and hear the calm beat of her heart.

It felt like hours but was actually agonizing seconds until Mato finally spoke.

I don't know, She said quietly. Her face was serious, but her eyes looked happy and sad at the same time. She smiled gently. But Sakura couldn't see it.

Mato decided to change the subject. What's up with you? It's not like you to talk. Much less ask questions, She stated, furrowing her brow in confusion.

Sakura shrugged. I'm just curious, She said, nonchalantly. Only a while ago had she been gazing sadly at the sky. She was obviously hiding her true feelings. She felt like she would cry if she actually let them out.

Mato shrugged it off and Sakura spoke again.

She asked, How did you that?

Mato gave her a look. Hm?

How did you bring me back in time? What about time pardoxes and stuff?

Mato paused to think, pondering on how to explain. Well, I wanted to avoid anything that could happen to your own body first, She explained. I should start from the beginning.