Only You Can Love Me This Way.

And there's no one that comes close to you, could ever take your place, cause only you can love me this way.

Five years. Sixty months. One-thousand eight-hundred twenty-five days.

That is the difference between Harry and I.

We see it as two ages. Two simple numbers that don't really effect anything, apart from the amount of candles we put on a cake once a year.

It is a whole other story for our families. They see it as a gap, something completely unavoidable.

It's stupid, really. An age keeping us apart. Something neither of us can help is keeping our love from flourishing even more. We both ache for each other. Crave each other's touch, smile, love. We can't have it. Our parents won't allow it.

I know, how Shakespearean. Two forbidden lovers trying to make it work, but outside forces preventing that. I also know how idiotic is sounds to let family decide the importance of your happiness. We are adults, fully grown, but Harry has a deep connection with his family and in his eyes, their support is everything. Meanwhile, I am still in my final years of uni, and my parents are allowing me to stay in their home until I finish. It's been really helpful and quite frankly, I can't lose this assistance. I don't have enough money to live on my own yet, no matter how toxic the environment feels.

We sneak out every night and we have been for almost six months. Stolen kisses in the night. Hugs and cuddles in his car; long, quiet spurts of conversations. We do all we can to keep our love present, but it's hard when we can only see each other at night, darkness and defeat covers our loving gestures.

"I don't want to do this anymore, Harry." I finally manage to say.

"I know baby, but I can't risk you or I getting in trouble. I need you. I need us."

"I just want to be able to do this during the day. I want to be able to hug you and kiss you in public where everyone else can see. I want to be able to introduce you as my boyfriend. I want to be able to say I love you without cowering away from your touch the second we hear a noise!" I finish my rant only to see Harry's eyes pooling with tears.

"You're right, but I am not going to make this harder for us. We stand up for ourselves, we might lose everything. I can't handle that. I can't even fathom the thought." His hands go to his hair, he tousles the curls, I lean over and hold his shoulder delicately, he flinches, but allows it. "We are adults. We can make our own decisions, I don't see why they can't accept us." He sighs. His thoughts are scattered, they're all over the place, but he continues,"I know this is hard for you, but please don't doubt my love for you because it has to be hidden from the world." I see him wipe his eyes before he faces me, he smiles slightly, but then returns to his cowered position, his head held low. "Can't they see I make you happy?" His voice barely a whisper.

My heart aches for the man I love. His shoulders sag in defeat, realizing we are never going to win as long as our parents don't see how happy we make each other.

"I love you, you know that right?" He says.

"Of course I do and I love you." I lean over and plant a delicate kiss to his cheek. "The happiness I feel with you is indescribable. I can't seem to get rid of my smile when I'm near you. You make me truly, confidently, immensely happy and if they can't see that, then I'm going to make them see that." I say these words with absolutely no hesitation. I grab his hand and head toward my house. The lights are on, showing my parents are awake. His feet drag the floor, I'm shocked by my strength, he puts up a good fight, but I'm not letting up, not this time.