Cover Me Up.

So, cover me up, and know you're enough to use me for good.

"I don't know. He's just different." I mutter, swirling my straw around my coffee. "He came by to pick up his guitar and amp and he didn't even look at me."

"Exes don't really enjoy seeing one another, babe." My best friend exclaims. "Maybe he's just coping differently than you are."

"I understand that, but inform me of it. I shouldn't be ignored when he's the one who ended things." I take a sip of my coffee, placing it back down and peeling a portion of my bagel to eat.

"He's always been different in regards to how he reacts. When you two moved in together he cried, when you got together he immediately informed everyone except his mother. Harry's just always done things..." she pauses, thinking of how she will word it, "backward."

"I can agree with that." I laugh.

Our breakup hasn't been easy and part of me always knew if the day came, it'd be bittersweet for both of us. We've never wronged each other. No cheating. No lying. No backstabbing. We loved each other and we still do. Sometimes people just don't work in the long run.

I thought we'd get married, have some kids, live happily ever after, but that was on paper. Realistically, we were so different.

Harry was messy. I was clean. He was sensitive. I was a hardass. He was open. I was closed. We just dealt with things differently in life and though it was okay, it's not fair to each other when it comes to being open and honest in a relationship. He shouldn't expect me to change for him and I surely couldn't ask that of him.

"Why do you want him to look at you, anyway?" She questions.

"I guess I just want him to acknowledge me. I want to know that I'm not alone in feeling upset."

She nods, "It is understandable, but it's kind of selfish."

"How so?" I reach for another bit of bagel.

"It's not very kind to want someone to suffer." She giggles slightly. "It just sounds dreadful. You're being very one sided. He ended things, yeah, but he still has a right to be upset and need to cope in his own way."

"I see your point." I sigh. "I guess apart of me just wants validation that the relationship was good. I want to know that the relationship is worth mourning, you know?"

"It was. I can attest to that. You were the great love story. I genuinely thought I'd be maid of honor at your all's wedding."

Walking back to my new apartment is nice. The cool breeze of London's spring keeping me calm. I can hear children's laughs as I pass the park, older kids playing basketball at the court a few feet away.

My phone rings loudly, interrupting my peace. "Hello?" I quickly answer.

"Hey." Harry's voice greets. I saw the caller ID, I guess I didn't register that I'd actually have to speak to him. "Are you busy?"

I walk up the small staircase to my door, pulling my keys out to open it. "No, not at all. I just got home from seeing bubba." I hear him let out a breathy laugh. Bubba was the name Harry had come up with for my best friend. He said she was family and that family never refers to each other by their 'government names'.

"How is she doing?"

"She's well. She just wanted a little girls day before she heads back to Brighton."

"I don't mean to bother you, but I left my keys to my mum's house in the bedroom at your place. I was getting the boxes you packed for me and just completely forgot to pick them up."