•twenty eight•

"Sounds perfect Chris. Let me grab my laptop and look over the story boards and I'll send you over some ideas in the next couple days and talk back then..."

Austin stepped through the back doors of the venue just as I turned to head back to his dressing room for my laptop.

"Hey darlin." he whispered as he walked up, giving me a kiss on the temple. He winked at me and nodded to the green room, I nodded back as I opened the door and grabbed my bag.

"Thank you Chris! I'm really excited about this. I think it's going to be a blast. Talk soon!" I said as I hung up the call and headed back out to see my Bear. Fuck I had missed him, this is beginning to be ridiculous I thought to myself with a grin.

He was holding court in the green room like usual, beer already in hand and laughing deeply at something Smitty had said. There was something different... it's odd how this switch in our relationship has changed me. Suddenly seeing how damn sexy he is just being in his element, and shit, he wasn't even on stage yet. I quickly realized that seeing him up there, watching him spill his heart out, was going to be a completely different beast tonight. For once in a very very long time I was definitely looking forward to watching him preform.

He caught my eye and that grin on his face grew even wider as he reached out for me, even from across the room. I could feel my own grin spreading across my face as I got closer to him and felt his warm hand curl around my waist pulling me into his side as I kissed his cheek.

"My suspicions are confirmed Jordan!!!" Rin called from the other side of the room as she jogged off to do whatever it is she does. I started laughing as Austin looked at me and popped an eyebrow.

"Suspicions?" He asked.

"I'll tell you later." I giggled.

"So this is real I guess. This is weird but it's about damn time you two finally fell into that damn sexual tension that followed you two." Smitty said shaking his head with a laugh, putting his joint to his lips. "Told you so Post.." he chuckled, slapping Austin's shoulder and walking away.

"Still getting a lot of that I see?" I said as Austin dipped his head and pressed a kiss to my lips.

"Just a little." He grinned. "How's your morning darlin?" He said as we walked towards his dressing room.

"Good, same old same old.. Chris is sending over the story boards for the video, you wanna see them? How was the interview?" I said as we slipped into his room, shutting the busy green room out behind us.

"Same old same old, same questions, same answers... i hate them sometimes. I'm nearly 30, why do people still give a fuck who I ate lunch with in high school?" He said with a sigh as he slumped on to the couch.

"Maybe you and Dre need to sit down and reevaluate that list of approved questions, Mr. Privacy." I said with a laugh as I sat beside him.

"I mean I could talk about how I've finally got the girl of my dreams in my bed every night, and how gorgeous she is all the damn time. You look so pretty in this dress darlin. I like you in pink." He said creeping his hand up my thigh. I swatted him away as he laughed.

"Calm down, we have work to do. Look at this with me!" I said opening my laptop and getting into my email.

We sat on the couch, huddled around my laptop going through the storyboards and talking through what Austin's ideas were as well. By the time Jay came and knocked on the door for soundcheck we didn't even realize it had gotten that late. I went back to work while he was doing his thing, editing together some ideas of my own to send over to Chris.

When I finished I headed out to the green room and grabbed myself a glass of wine and plopped down in the sofa to do some mindless social media scrolling before I got Austin ready for the show. Marine came in and sat with me while we chatted and shared some wine.