1. Disappearance of Ann Frost

"Hey! STOP DOING THAT!!" Ash said getting irritated; Ran was again messing with her.

"The day you'll stop reacting like that I'll seriously stop teasing you my sweetheart!" Ran circled her arm around Ash's neck, "And aren't you getting softer day by day...why don't you take up the job of being my pillow!" Ran laughed.

"RAN!" Ash smacked Ran glaring at her.

"Oi! That hurts meanie!!" Ran pouted caressing her not-so-injured head.

"Oh dear! Did it really hurt so much!?" Ash said as she rolled her eyes. "But love, that's what you deserved." And again they were busy with their silly meaningless childish arguments. Nothing new. This was how they have been all along. One minute they were talking like civilised humans the other minute they were fighting like some barbarians. But no matter what, they were very close to each other's heart.

"Guys guys guys!! Now stop it already." Dora yelled rolling her eyes.

Both of them greeted Dora when they recognises her presence.

"GOD! I'm standing here for 5 minutes...!" She sighed. "Whatever. Ran I need to talk to you about the project. So if you're done with your cat fight, will you please come with me?"

Suddenly the thought of Melanie struck Ash. She had promised to meet her during lunch but somehow it had slipped her mind. "Mel asked me to visit her, during the break. So I gotta go. Bye guys!" Ash waved to Ran and Dora and ran off in search of Melanie.

"Then let's go Ran. And please bring the chart on your way." Dora said and walked off in the direction of the terrace. It was a chemistry project given by their teacher, and Ran and Dora were paired together for it.

Ran nodded and turned around to go to her classroom.

_____________

"Hey Mel. Sydney?? What are you doing here...?" Ash raised her eyebrow.

"What!? I'm not allowed in here!?" Sydney pouted.

"No that's not it. I thought you had class. Anyway, so what's up!?"

"Nothing much...I was just a bit worried about someone..."

"Boyfriend?" Ash smirked.

"SHUT UP! I DON'T HAVE A BOYFRIEND. STOP YOUR BOYFRIEND SONG AND GET ONE FOR YOURSELF!!"

"Okay okay who is it, what happened?" Ash chuckled.

"Actually it's already been three days and Ann hasn't come to school and this is really unusual."

"Hey its fine, maybe she's down with a fever or has gone out somewhere with her family. Three days is no big deal. Did you try calling her?"

"You think I didn't try calling her!? She's not picking up! And the last time I saw her was on Monday during the break time and after that she didn't attend a single class, when I asked the teacher she said that maybe she went back home because of some unknown reasons. And when I checked I found she didn't go back home also."

"WHAT! And what's with this "maybe".....your homeroom teacher doesn't know where her student is!!??"

"I don't know...and it's really complicated and weird." Sydney shrugged.

"True. Hey Mel, what's up? Why are you so quiet?"

"H-Huh!?" Melanie jumped up like she saw a ghost.

"What's with that huh!? Are you okay?"

"Uh....actually I saw Ann that day. I was going to the washroom when I saw Ann going to that side of the building."