7. We Invite Trouble

Ash's POV:

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes were another pair of eyes staring intently at me. As realization made it's way in, the first thing my instinct asked me to do was scream. But it was in vain as the person above me understood my intentions and without a second thought muffled my scream by putting a hand over my mouth.
"Sshhh! Why do you need to scream almost everytime; it's pretty insulting to me you know...making me look like a bloody molester!"

My heart calmed it's rapid beating as it understood the voice belonged to Ran. I slapped her hand away from my mouth and sat up making her almost fall from the bed. Almost. "Well what am I supposed to do if I wake up to find someone on top of me and their face barely an inch apart from mine that also this early in the morning!!" I whisper-yelled reminding myself of the sleepy head enjoying her sound sleep beside me. "You expect me to kiss and wish them good morning like that's the most normal thing!?" I snapped.

"You're such a scaredy cat." Ran showed me her mischievous smirk and winked.

"I fucking hate you.." I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?" Ran frowned.

"Nothing!" I rolled my eyes completely pissed. "So explain why are you in my house, on my bed, on top of me this early in the morning-" I said pointing at the digital clock on my bedside table showing 7:22 am, "-and not at Pen's house, in her bed, on top of h- I mean uh- beside her..!"

Ran laughed. Somehow to her this seems to be one of the most hilarious moments of her life. Well, after all she wasn't the one who woke up to a heart warming morning greeting- note the sarcasm- from a certain someone. "Are you this grumpy every morning when you wake up?"

"I already told you the reason, not gonna repeat myself again." I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Okay okay I'm sorry!" She put her hands up surrendering. "I felt really bad that I wasn't with you last night as you were pretty disturbed from yesterday's events. So when she was asleep I slipped out of her bed silently; of course leaving a note behind telling her that I didn't get kidnapped when she was sleeping and came back 'cause you were lonely, and came to you." She blurted it all out in a go.  "And when I came here to check on you I found you talking in your sleep. You were mumbling something and I was trying to figure it out. But as usual you mistook me for a molester, thief or a kidnapper maybe."

I had a feeling that Ran was lying. Her reason wasn't solid enough. Waking up this early and coming to me, not caring about Pen or their relation- nope! Ran didn't love me as much. "Yes, a lot was on my mind but I wasn't disturbed. You shouldn't have left like that."

"Nah! She's used to my weird habits and all. She won't even care, and now that I think about it I shouldn't have even taken the trouble to write a note." She laughed nervously and bit on her nail. I glared and swat her hand away.

"It must've been really boring without me last night, right?" Ran said showing me her cheeky smile.

"Not at all." I stated simply. Ran pouted her lips like a child...no wait, looking more like a kitty in the rain. "Oh...and I thought you were lonely and I came running to you." She huffed half heartedly.

I giggled. "You really look like a-cat-without-a-tail while doing that!"

"Well I am one." She said making a cat face and purring in front of my ear. I stifled my laughter and patted her head as she mewled in response. Thank god Sydney is asleep or she will tease Ran about this for the rest of the year.
As if on queue came Sydney's voice from other side of the bed. "Such a cliché scene I get to see early in the morning...oh well." She said making both of us freeze in our spots. My head flipped to the left and there I saw Sydney lying, but wide awake. "Tsk tsk...you guys are boring, thought I'll get a good show of some real girls' love." I jumped from my spot on the bed and scurried back a few steps near the cupboard. "You two are together most of the time and Ash is still untouched. Are you sure about your sexuality Ran?" I glared at Sydney. Who needs her filthy perverted jokes early in the morning!?