Chapter 1

"Ember Baker." The nurse called. I followed her to room 34b where my mother laid. "Carolyn was your mother correct?" I sighed softly. "My mother is dead, isnt she?" The nurse nodded. I gently wiped away a tear and looked at my motionless mother. "Here she said to give these to you." I took the letter and locket. "Thank you." I sobbed softly. She slowly closed the door as she left. Not even 15 minutes later 4 men came in followed by a woman. "Who are you?" I demanded. 'The older man looks so similar to someone im searching for. Could it be him?' "Im Derek Morgan. This is agent Jareau, agent Rossi, and agent Reid." I gasped earning everyones attention. "Did you say Rossi?" I gulped softly. "Yes?" 'Agent Rossi, he looks like him.' "How did you know carolyn?" He demanded. "Why wouldnt i know my own mother?" I put my hands on my hips. "How old are you?" I crossed my arms over my chest and turned away. 'I know its him.' "I'll talk to her." The only other living female in the room stated. I felt tears roll down my face. "Honey? Who is your father?" She asked softly. "David Rossi." I whispered. I handed her the letter from my mother i had put in my bag. "Rossi! Get in here!" She yelled. "What?" He asked confused. "This is Ember, your daughter." She said sternly. "Damn Em. You've grown." He chuckled softly. I stayed facing the other way but smiled. 'He remembers me!' "JJ. Give us some privacy." He demanded. The door opened and closed, so i finally let out the sobs. "Sh. Come here." He pulled me into a hug. I started punching his chest and clenched my teeth. "Why? Why would you just leave? Why didnt you come back or just visit? Why." I sobbed as we both slid to our knees. He held me tightly as i sobbed. "Im sorry Emmybear. I really am." I closed my eyes tiredly for a moment. "Rossi we have a case!" Agent Morgan yelled. "I'll take her to get her stuff." JJ said. I stood up and followed her to a car. We drove for 20 minutes before pulling up to my huge red house. "Wow." She whispered. I went into my pink bedroom and packed my laptop, kindle, chargers, clothes, shoes, trophies, and ny charm braclet. "Ready?" JJ asked. I nodded and smiled lightly. "Wait!" I said running into the kitchen. I quickly packed a dog bowl, water bowl, toys, treats, and other supplies before whisling. JJ raised an eyebrow. Heavy footsteps came running toward us before a huge doberman with a purple collar ran in and slid to a stop next to me. "Whose a good boy." I cooed patting his side. "JJ can i bring prince along?" I begged. "Yeah hold on let me call someone." She smiled. I sat on the stool and packed all my snacks. "Ember?" I followed prince to the living room."Tay!" I screamed happily. Prince barked and wagged his tail. "Why are you here?" I asked. "Well if you dont want me here i can go home." He put his hands on his hips in the most wierdest way possible. "No. Just answer the stupid question." I sighed. "Im taking prince and your stuff to your new house." He said shrugging and petting prince. "Come on Ember. They need help with the case, you in?" I nodded and ran to the car. We pulled up to a rocky path ad followed it until we saw the cops. I opened the door and confidently walked to my father. "The victim is a female of 37 years of age. We cant see much else shes too high up." I climbed the first few branches and found the body. "Hey! Toss me some gloves." I yelled down to anyone who could here me. A pair of gloves came up and i got to work. "37 years old. Wavy blonde hair, green eyes..." I yelled down. "...theres blood covering the skull so blunt force trauma maybe." I said loudly. We were there for 4 hours before they got the body down. "That was dangerous Ember." JJ said checking me for injuries. "I just climbed a tree." I pouted. Everyone laughed and climbed into their cars. "The jet leaves tomorrow at 4:30." I nodded. "Drop Ember off at our hotel." JJ drove me to the hotel and told which room was mine. "Get some sleep. I'll be here in a few hours." She said. I nodded and went to take a shower. I put on my night gown and laid on the bed. Immeadiately the after shock of what happened today hit me and i fell asleep.