Guiding Edros (23)

Edited by: ASaltedFish

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edros started, "Yes... Will your spiritual experience be the same as the stabilizers, or will it be more intense?" He knew some things about guiding, but since he thought he would never get guided, he did his best to stay away from discussions that had to do with it.

"Yes, it will be a little more intense, but not by much. If there's any discomfort, please let me know." Aster responded softly. If the room wasn't so quiet, Edros and Akimitsu might not have heard him.

There was a long, awkward pause between the two of them. Aster didn't know what else to say because Edros' eyebrows were furrowed like he was thinking about something. Or maybe he was angry with him? He wasn't sure, but Aster didn't want to ask in case this made Edros angry.

As for Edros, he wanted to bring up the matter of Aster liking gems and pretty stones, but he didn't know how to do so. He was going through a bunch of options in his head, but he felt a lot of them would be forced or come out of nowhere.

Akimitsu saw the two of them and felt he really needed to go back and teach Edros how to talk with people! How did he grow up to be so awkward when he was around? Had he not learned anything from how he talked with other people?!

Ellery also wanted to scream, but he knew he had to let Aster and Edros do the talking. He did not want Aster to be scared or anxious around Edros, Akimitsu's best friend. It would make him rethink his relationship with Akimitsu because Aster was more important to him.

He did feel a little selfish for trying to make it work, but if they really couldn't get along, he would make sure to step away from Akimitsu and Edros.

Akimitsu coughed to get their attention. "Aster, I heard Ellery say that you like gems and pretty rocks. Edros over here has a huge collection at his estate. He even refuses to let me see them!"

"That's because you like to touch everything without gloves. And once your fingerprints get on everything, I have to clean every gem and rock I have." Aster and Akimitsu could hear the resentment in Edros' voice.

It was something that Aster could understand. He didn't realize that Edros had the same special interest as him! But then again, Edros had a dragon quantum beast, so he might be influenced by that... Still, he had something in common, so he felt a little less awkward and uncomfortable.

"I understand why you don't want Akimitsu to touch them without gloves. It ruins their shine when you can see fingerprints all over it." Aster looked at them with interest. "Do you have a lot of them?"

Edros saw that Aster was willing to continue the conversation with him, and his aura seemed to brighten, even if he had facial paralysis. Even Akimitsu could see the happiness radiating off of him.

"Yes, I own some mining planets, so I like to pick my favorites out before they are sent out to the contracted companies."

These mining planets were originally uninhabited planets with a plethora of resources. Not only that, but most of the people working there were controlling robots. Everyone involved was paid a decent salary.

The mining planets had more than just gems, they also had useful metals. There was even a recycling plant on them to recycle used electronics or jewelry.

Edros provided jobs to millions of people, ensuring their livelihoods with just the mining planets.

"When the time comes, you are welcome to come and visit my collection." He did not want to scare or pressure Aster into going, but he put the idea up there for when Aster was more comfortable with him.