Should I Threaten Them? (10)

Edited by: ASaltedFish

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was no fear or anxiety in his eyes, even when facing the Marshal who was royalty. Ellery couldn't care less about who he was meeting. Even though he respected the Imperial family, it didn't mean that he would cower in awe or disbelief. Not when he and Aster were SS-ranked guides that haven't been seen in hundreds of years.

Aster didn't understand their power like he did.

Ellery knew that he and Aster would be able to live a better life than even the Emperor. Most high-ranking sentinels would hope they had compatibility with him, even if average, so they could continue living without the fear of being consumed by chaotic energy. Even if Marshal Caecius refused to protect him, there were other high-ranking sentinels who would bend over backward to do so. With two spiritual seas in this body, he would have twice the chance of having a high compatibility rating with sentinels than your average guide.

In the Zevaria Empire, three out of the five SS-ranked sentinels did not have a permanent guide, who knew if one or all of them were compatible with him.

Not only that, the other countries in the Galaxy would also try to fight to have him come and live in their country.

He would become the most sought-after individual in the galaxy once he got his rank retested.

"To answer Marshal Caecius' question, no, we didn't steal those stabilizers that Aster gave you. He created them himself, the ones in the shop were created with my spiritual sea. As you may have guessed, we have two spiritual seas in one body. That means there are two souls in this body."

"If you need further proof, I can show you."

Adjutant Ito couldn't help but mumble to himself while scratching his chin in confusion. "How... How is that possible? Two souls in one body... and that created two spiritual seas..."

"Okay, come on out Sol, Lune!" Ellery summoned the two quantum beasts at the same time.

On his lap, Sol sat down and gave a wave. He was just like Ellery, full of warmth and energy. As for Lune, he popped up on Ellery's head and didn't wave. He just stared at Marshal Caecius with curious but cautious eyes. He was just like Aster.

When a sentinel and a guide had high compatibility, the moment one of them unleashed their quantum beasts, the other party's quantum beast would also be uncontrollably drawn out... So Marshal Caecius' and Adjutant Ito's quantum beasts popped out. They were in a much smaller form to fit inside the house, but they were sitting on their laps, staring at Sol and Lune.

Adjutant Ito's quantum beast, Dusky, was staring at Sol. Marshal Caecius' quantum beast, Casir, was staring at Lune.

It seemed that Ellery had high compatibility with Adjutant Ito, and Aster had high compatibility with Marshal Caecius.

"Oh... It seems I have a really high compatibility with you, Adjutant Ito. Would you like some of the stabilizers with my spiritual experience before you go?" It was another possible contract!

"Of course! And while you are at it, why don't you marry me as well?" Adjudicant Ito was so excited he ended up blurting out what he had jokingly told Marshal Caecius about what he would do should he meet someone he had a high compatibility with. This time, though, he was pretty serious!

Well, even if they didn't get married, he wanted to at least establish a guide contract with Ellery so that even if he fell in love with someone else, he could still have a guide to help him and send him stabilizers when needed.

Luckily, because of the low population of guides, sentinels were not allowed to monopolize their partners or they would be forcefully separated and the sentinel would be re-educated.