Chapter 4: Joshua

Joshua

"I didn't taint it at all. It was already ravaged by your heinous acts when you killed her. It wasn't me who tainted this house, but a demon and killer like you." After saying that, I walked back to my room quickly. I was glad that I had moved from our bedroom to another room. I couldn't bear the sight of her. This was the very first time that words like these had slipped out of my mouth. For months I had been blaming and hating her for killing my daughter Elle.

Laying down on my bed, all I could do was feel my words wandering in my mind. I had let my hatred for her slip through in my words for the very first time. I remembered the shock and disbelief in her eyes after my words. Her face was filled with unbearable pain, but it was all fake. She was pretending to be sad, shocked, and in pain, acting like she was the victim, but she wasn't. I was the real victim because I had lost my loving Elle while Eunice had gotten rid of her to get her freedom back. Had Elle been that much of a burden to her that she would kill her, take her life away? I had asked her again and again if she was ready to have this responsibility. Was she ready for it? She had said she was, that she was happy, but where had that happiness gone? Why hadn't I been able to see the demon behind her beautiful face? Was I so blinded by love or was it that she changed for worse?

All these questions swirled through my mind. I looked over at the photo of Elle on the side table. She looked so happy in her purple dress with that small bunny in her hands. She loved it a lot; I had bought that for her, for my princess. Our sweet memories together were growing dimmer in my mind.. Her smile, her giggle, her laughter, her voice. Eunice had taken that all away from me. With her gone, I was left empty and void.

I still remember the day I lost her.

I had forgotten an important file at home, and I really had no one to pick it up. The only way left was either to call Eunice to bring it or go myself. Eunice already had so much on her plate with Elle that I didn't wanted to bother her with my work. I couldn't ask her to get it for me, but If I went myself, it would take double the time and I would have to miss the meeting for which I needed the file. I had to ask Eunice to bring that file to me even though I didn't want to. I quickly called home to ask Eunice so she could bring it to me on time.

Read the rest of the story on AMAZON.

Also would anyone be interested in an alternate ending of this book? Do let me know !