Chapter 10

Stiles

I am sitting on my air mattress eating Chinese, regretting moving into my condo before my furniture got here. Besides that, I feel bored. There is no TV, no radio nothing besides me and the air mattress....and some cups. I have a project starting next week. I need to be in the office early and the commute from New York can be annoying. Therefore I have moved here to be close to work. But so far things are not going as I imagined they would. I am normally alone, so I don't know why this place makes me feel lonely.... could it be the lack of furniture? I laugh softly at the silly notion. I've tried to work, but can't seem to focus. I don't want to go out. I can easily have a girl over, but I don't want that either. Hailee though, has been creeping into my thoughts since I got here. Wild fantasies, but I've been pushing the thoughts away.....Successfully....I think. There is a little voice in my head saying that I may have made this move subconsciously wanting to be close to Hailee..... could it be? I pause in my tracks.

You know what, fuck it, I'm going back to New York.

The moment I pick up my phone to call my driver, my phone starts vibrating.

Hailee!

She's calling, I kind of lose my breath for a moment. My heart is beating fast. God! relax Stiles!

I clear my throat and rub my hair back like she could see me through the phone.

"Hello," I answer, making sure I sound like I don't know who is calling me.

"Hi," she says and adds, "its Hailee from the coffee shop."

"Oh!" I say acting surprised, "Hi Hailee."

"I hope you don't mind me calling you."

"Of course not, I gave you my number because I wanted you to call me."

"Well, then I'm sorry I didn't call you sooner."

"I'm just happy you finally decided to call." I'm smiling so much I feel my mouth hurt. Then she goes quiet.

"Are you there?" I ask

"Yes.... Yes I am...., ....what are you up to?"

"Nothing much. I'm at my new condo in Hoboken. I think I might have metioned it to you that I bought a condo in Hoboken."

"Yes you did."

"Yeah, I moved in today. Not permanently. I just have a lot I need to do in the next few weeks and I need to be close to the office."

"I see," she says, "how are you liking Hoboken so far?"

"I haven't explored yet.....my place is...." I look around my apartment. "Empty," I say, "and I'm bored."
I open and close my fridge looking for nothing in particular.

"Would you like some comapny?" She asks

"Yes!" I say a little too fast. "I would love some company."

She remains quiet for a long time. Something tells me shes making a decision, so I stay quiet too and wait.

"Text me your address," she says and cuts the line.

I text her the address promptly and start cleaning the mess I have already created in the few hours I have been here. I run to the bathroom and freshen up a little. I feel like changing my Christmas pajamas into something nice, but I decide against it. I don't want to look pretentious or like I'm trying too hard. I still change anyway, into something relaxed. Beige track pants and a white T-shirt. I splash water in my hair and shuffle it a little. I pat my face and use some mouth wash. I'm not very familiar with New Jersey, I don't know how long it will take her from Bayonne to Hoboken and I don't want to waste time checking. I'm doing everything fast.

Yes I know she lives in Bayonne, and no she didn't tell me. I found out myself..... I googled her.

I'm a confident person such that if it was another girl I wouldn't have cared about how I look right now. But with Hailee, I feel the need to preen myself. I'm excited.

                                       ******

I open the door to my condo, she beams at me. My heart melts like it always does whenever I see her face, even from a distance. She's wearing an ankle length trench coat with trainers.

"Hi," she smiles. I smell alcohol on her, and I notice that her eyes look glazed. She's been drinking.

"Can, I come in?" She asks.

"Of course," I say, "there isn't much here yet." I say looking back into the apartment. When I look back at her, she plants a kiss on my lips and wraps her hands around my neck and kisses me deeper. I kiss her back hungrily wrapping my arms around her waist. My dick reacts the only way it knows how.