Japan Team

As summer drew near in the north hemisphere, the south hemisphere was about to catch its last glimpses of autumn.

And even faster than the new season's arrival, a young man was traveling the world.  But his journey would soon come to an end.
Nearby a man plied his craft on a bandoneon and crancked out an Argentine tango that was heard in this back alley.

The fact that he'd had been in this country for over a month but had not yet leaned a single step meant that Benimaru would surely mock him, but the young man didn't come here for dance lessons.

He whistled along with the music and made his way up the neon-hued back alley with a hand jammed in the pocket of his leather jacket.

Then...The young man suddenly jumped back.

"......"

He dropped the knapsack slung over his shoulder and raised his fist.
A thin red line of blood materialized on his cheek.

"...Who are you guys?"

The young man called out in a low voice as he stood seemingly poised to attack the darkness.

"...Kyo Kusanagi,I presume?"

A tall and slim youth with a mushroom cut emgared from the shadow and addressed the target of his attack with an air of arrogance.

Along with him was a short bob-haired girl who huddled unusually close.

Both of them had sickly pale skin that stood in steark contrast with their unnaturally dark eyes.

"I recognize this feeling."

As he look at the two, the young man -- Kyo Kusanagi--  gently pressed the wound of his cheek.

"...You're part of that whatever group, huh? What the hell you want from me?"

"......"

The young man did not answer Kyo's question, but sat there and toyed with some sort of string.

Kyo squinted to see what the young boy was playing.

It was a black leather eyepatch.

When he realized what the item was, the image of a certain one-eye mercenary veteran immediately appear in Kyo's mind.

If that eyepatch was from Kyo thought it was, then this young man must be very skilled.

The boy's build much too thin to be that of a martial artist, but Kyo fought enough to know that his frail, slight body could hold some extraordinary power.

"I see, so you're not just a swear rat. ...Still, what business you have for me? If are gonna stay silent, then get outta my way."

"Heh. You're full of energy, but that's it."

The young boy mockingly put the eyepatch on his right eye and pointed at Kyo with his right hand.

"...This is the first time we've met, but it seems I miscalculated you, Kyo Kusanagi. I didn't think the successor to the "sword" was this weak."

The young boy and girl shared a laugh after gesturing at the cut they gave Kyo with their surprise attack.
Kyo didn't show any anger in response to their taunts. Instead, he smiled.

"Your about 100 years old too young to be talking smack me, kid."

" What--"

"Seriously? You haven't noticed yet?"

Now it was Kyo who pointed the young man. Around his chest, the summer sweater he was wearing had turned to white ashes.

"...!"