Best friend's dad : part 5

Samnay waited for some time for Ishaan to come out of the lake. But when he did not show up for a few minutes, he got a little worried.

"Jinda hai ki tapak gya bkl" he yelled but there was still no answer.

"Okay, now, this is not funny ishan " He screamed again. And then someone from behind put their wet hands on his shoulders and he jumped in his place in fear.

He looked back and saw ishan, completely soaked.

"Ahh god !! You scared me, Shorty. Samnay said while calming himself down by placing his hand on his chest.

" were you looking for me? " Ishan asked him.

"So what did you think, I will leave you here in this cold water like this?"

" You know that right ? I'm the best swimmer in our academy. "

"That's why I didn't jump after you. "Samnay replied and Ishan placed his wet hands on his shoulder.

They both were going inside when Samnay stopped middle in the walk and fired his real question.

"Why did you jump into the lake in the freaking middle of the night ? "

"Actually I was feeling hot " Ishaan replied while avoiding eye contact.

"Now, C'mon let's go to the room now. Otherwise I would freeze here. " Ishan continued the walk and Samnay followed him.

××××

In the morning, when they were coming Shubman completely avoided ishan. They have a whole two day planned trip but they have to go back in the morning because of shubman's important meeting.

Or at least that's what he told them.Ishan didn't believe him.

He was happy. He knew that Shubman also had something for him in his heart.

The way shubman held him last night, the way kissed and the way he looked at him, Ishan was certain that shubman also wanted him.

But he also knew that shubman won't even admit in his bloody dream that he has something like that for ishan. He would never reciprocate his feelings.

But ishan wasn't an innocent kid like people think. If he had to pursue shubman to the hell, he would do it. He would do anything for Shubman's love and he knew that.

××××

It was weak, when they came back from the trip, Ishan tried many times to talk to shubman but as usual he avoided him.

It was very difficult to talk to him because either Sara or Samnay was at home. So, the academy was his common place to talk to him and Shubman stopped coming there as well.

××××

When ishan's all damn efforts failed, then without worrying about anyone, he decided to directly confront Shubman.

He was in luck because one day Samnay and he planned a movie night at gill mantion.

This was dinner time. They were playing video games when sara called them for dinner.

When they reached into the dinning room, Ishan saw shubman waiting at the dinner table and sara was inside the kitchen.. and this was his only chance to talk to him, if he missed it, he wouldn't get any other chance.

"Sam, I forgot my phone into your room, please can you go and get it" Ishan made an excuse.

"Never mind, we are going to go back in a little while anyway."

"But baby, I might get an important call "

"You can call back "

" Please, I will return your hulk's hand " now Ishan knew Samnay couldn't resist.

And he was right, because after hearing the deal, samnay's eyes lit up and he ran to his room.

Ishan looked at Shubman. 'and here is my chance' he thought to himself.

He went and sat just beside Shubman.

When shubman noticed someone's presence besides him, he looked at that side and saw ishan directly looking at him.

It made him slightly uneasy but he was able to hide it.

" Why are you avoiding me ?" Ishan directly asked because there wasn't enough time to play games. Sara or Samnay could have come at any time

"I wasn't and Why would I avoid you ?" Shubman replied with a straight face.

"Obviously, because of that night"

"What night ?" Still shubman asked with a straight face.

And now, ishan was confused.

"The night at the beacon mountain. Over that boat bridge" Now Ishaan was pissing off because shubman was behaving like he didn't even remember anything.

"Ohh... actually I was drunk and I don't remember where I was that night? Did something happen? Or did you do something that made me ignore you ?" Shubman didn't show any emotions.

Ishan was shocked, after hearing Shubman. He moved forward but shubman slid back. Ishan moved to his lips and shubman turned his face away. Ishan noticed shubman's clenched jaw and nervousness.

'huhh...So, this is how you wanna play, now. " And a smile came to ishan's face.

"I expect a better excuse from you Mr. Gill. But okay, if you don't remember anything, fine by me " Ishan said with a smirk and moved back to his place.

Shubman felt a bit relaxed after Ishan retreated. He looked at ishan, who was now looking at his phone.

'did he buy it ? Of course he buys it. I'm a drama minor student." Shubman feels pride over his great 'acting'.

"Ishu, I didn't find your phone" Samnay shouted from the first floor.

"Sorry, I forgot to tell you. It was with me" ishan shouted back.

"Someday, I'm gonna kill you Ishan panday" Samnay said as coming to the dinner table and Meanwhile, Sara had also brought food.

After dinner when everyone was going back, ishan stopped back and he put his hands over shubman's shoulder from behind as he was going back.

"Mr. Gill, when you don't remember anything, I don't think you have to avoid me now" he whispered into his ears from behind and patted shubman's shoulder and walked away. Leaving behind the statue Shubman.

'did I just invite a bigger problem ? ' shubman asked himself and shook his head.

'nahh, that can't be worse, could it ?' he replied to himself.

If he could see his future, he would wish a thousand times that he had not lied just now. But it was too late now.