Prologue

Victor York watched as his friend, Isabella, walked into the hospital one gloomy Tuesday morning in May. There may be blossoms blooming on the healthy trees outside the window, but this spring had been quite a grey one.
"Isabella, I'm so glad you are here... I've been so lonely by myself." Victor said, smiling at Isabella.
"How is your heart doing? The doctors said that you weren't doing so good." Isabella sat down on the edge of Victor's hospital bed, playing with her fingers. Victor York shook his head.
"I'm afraid I'm going to pass away any minute now. My heart is failing, I'm feeling weak..." Victor look into Isabella's eyes. "I have something for you." He said. Isabella's eyes shot open.
"For me?" Isabella said, a tinge of shock in her voice. Victor looked around as he pulled a brief case out of the bottom of his bed. He clicked it open, revealing a dazzling glow of gold and silver. Isabella couldn't believe her eyes at the sight. A large egg sat nestled in the brief case.
"What will this hatch into?" Isabella looked at the egg with suspicion. It was like no egg she had ever seen. This was odd, given the fact that Isabella was an animal expect. It was right down her alley.
"Nothing, as a matter of fact. This one is a dud. But what it could hatch into... Well... You wouldn't believe me." Victor York sighed.
"Please tell me." Isabella asked as Victor shook his head vigorously. Realizing it was no use, Isabella closed her mouth. Once everything went quiet, Isabella opened her mouth again. "I haven't seen you for ten years, other then last week. What were you doing? Where do you live now?" Isabella asked, still feeling curious about the egg. But it was no matter, she would find out what exactly it would have hatched into soon. Victor shook his head again.
"That, I can't tell you. I am quite ashamed of my last ten years. I cannot tell anyone about it. If I do, it would be awful." Victor said. Isabella was a little annoyed.
"Please tell me something." Isabella said. Victor started to close his eyes, feeling them starting to get heavy.
"I... Can't... I'm afraid my time... Is almost up. I apologize for what I have done. Be good to Tegan for me. Tell her I'm sorry, to my eight other children aswell. I know they won't listen. I've taught them too much evil to undo... I'm sorry." Victor York said, quietly. Isabella watched in horror as Victor York's eyes closed. With a terrifying long beeping noise, and the sounds of breathing stopping, Victor York took his last breath.