Chapter two Welcome to the facility

Project 2035

Chapter 2

Tom reluctantly took the waffles from Talia. The dawn sky was pink, and the sun was already started to force its way through the dim clouds. The velvet curtains had been drawn open letting all the light inside the dark dining room. Tom sat at the table and picked up his fork.

"So," Talia said. "You going shopping today? Or are you going to let us all starve?" Talia crossed her arms and fully turned around to face Tom.

"Just be quiet and eat your breakfast." Tom snapped, the bags under his eyes truly showing how tired he was. "If you are so concerned, just go shopping yourself, and leave me out if this."

"Don't have to be so rude about it."

Tom sighed and leaned back on his chair. "Why do you -"

He was interrupted by a loud knock on the door. Talia reacted quite quickly - no one has ever really come to see them. Tom stayed, annoyed and grumpy, eating his waffles with an exasperated look upon his face. He heard the door creak open and a woman's voice was heard.

"Hello. I'm Amelia Jones. Are you Talia Syr?" The woman said.

"Um... yes. Why do you want to know? And why are you here?" Talia asked suspiciously. Tom heard the worry in her voice, feeling nervous himself now.

"That is all none of your concern." Amelia said in a deep tone. "You and your brother are coming with me." There was a scream from the living room, and Tom stood up with such power, the chair went flying backwards.

"Talia!" Tom ran to the living room, to see around ten men in black outfits with the words 'Project 2035' across their chests. They were all gathered by Talia, pulling her into a helicopter. Talia screamed and squirmed and tried to get away, but one little girl wasn't enough to escape ten men's clutching grip.

"Talia! Get off of her!" Tom yelled, running into the crowd of men. Amelia Jones was standing out of the way, watching all of this happen with a deep grin on her face, as though she sees it happen every day. Talia struggled, but it was for nothing, since she was already in the helicopter. Tom ran in front of one of the men and started punching his shoulder. The man brushed him off as though he was a fly buzzing by his shoulder, and one of the other men pushed him into helicopter to join his sister. Talia tried to run out the door, but it closed in her face. She stared banging on the door.

"Let us out!" Talia screamed. No one had noticed that Amelia had walked in and sat by Tom who went to punch her, but a Project 2035 man blocked his punch. Amelia didn't even flinch.

"Let us go. Why are we here? Tell me." Tom snapped, all his sleepiness from this morning was gone.

"We are Project 2035, facility that lives in London England. That is all I'm willing to tell you for now. You will learn much more once you arrive." Amelia said, Then walked away to talk to a crying Talia. Tom didn't move, he just sat, and thought. He was so confused. The helicopter was high in the air now, and coming to its destination.

*

It was a very long helicopter ride. It felt like a day, but Tom knew it was only around four hours until the helicopter landed on a floating dock in the middle of the Atlantic, and the men pushed Tom and Talia into a large boat. And again they travelled. It was another two hours until they were once again, forced onto a helicopter. This took another hour of the awkward helicopter ride, where the Project 2035 men where gathered in one room, Amelia Jones in another, and Tom and Talia trapped in the back room. It was a very small fit, which made the trip seem even longer. But finally, the helicopter landed in the front of a little orphanage. It was small and cute, and reminded Tom of a schoolhouse. The men grabbed Tom and Talia's shoulders, and walked then into the orphanage.

"What? Why are we in here? Couldn't we have just gone to an orphanage in Kelowna?" Tom barked at the Project 2035 man who was forcing him in, who looked very choked up, as though he knew something bad was going to happen. At the moment they stepped inside, Tom felt his jaw drop. Not only was this not an orphanage, it wasn't as itsy as it appeared. It looked like a massive central station in an airport. It had workers scattered around on every inch of the giant central, all walking in different directions, in the same black outfits and the Project 2035 men had. There where boys and girls of different ages, some even looked Tom and Talia's age. There was a large picture of a dragon in the dome-shapped ceiling, with an ex through it, and the words: "Project 2035, if we fail, they fail." underneath it. The room was laminated by bright white lights, placed along the circumference of the dome. The room was very light blue, and so was the floor. But most of the floor had the same logo of the dragon as the one on the ceiling did. Tom had to continue to remind him what this place looked like on the outside. It was a facility disguised as an orphanage. Tom tried to squirm away from the Project 2035 men, but he kept a firm grip on his shoulders. They were lead out of this room and to a long, large corridor. The bright lights where still there, along the sides of the corridor. They got led through one of the only doors along the side.

"In here is one of the main areas of the facility, other than the main entrance. Here you will meet second in command." Amelia said, standing in front of the men.

"I don't get it! On the outside, this was a perfectly normal orphanage! Why is it all of a

sudden a giant-"

Tom was cut off by Amelia, who held up her hand to silence him.

"You will find out soon enough mister Syr, for now, we will tell you about life here in Project 2035. There are other children your age here too." Amelia said.

"But why? Why are we here?" Tom said, nervously looking around, and got a better look of the room. It was filled with all different sorts of flags that covered the walls. There was two sets of stairs on the other side of the room, leading into a balcony. It looked sort of like an embassy. The walls were all made of smooth fake wood. There was the sound of footsteps coming up to them from the balcony. A man appeared I the top balcony. He outstretched his arms in a sign of welcome.

"Welcome to Project 2035." Belby said.