Chapter three The Revealing

Talia was no longer nervous for some reason at the sight of this man, like she knew him. She had an odd connection with this stranger, although she didn't know why.

"What is Project 2035?" Tom snapped, he was angrier then Talia had ever seen him before. Second in command was not hesitant to answer.

"That, you will find out now. But before that, I'll tell you my name." Second in command cleared his throat, and looked around, as though nervous that someone may be listening to their conversation. "I'm Belby Sawyer, but you shall call me Mr. S." Second in command said. Talia nodded and looked over Tom who was giving Mr. S a look she knew too well. It wasn't hatred, it was utter curiosity. Tom wanted to know about this place. He may still be overwhelmed, as was Talia, but Tom was a curious person.

"Project 2035 is a society of people who want to change the future for the good. Some examples are, stopping pollution, preventing global warming, and saving endangered species. You will meet Isabella, the animal expert soon." Mr. S straightened his tie, obviously trying to look smarter.

"Why are we here, Mr. S?" Talia asked, a lot sweeter then Tom would. Tom gave Talia a look. He didn't want Talia to sound so comfortable. Mr. S sighed, then lowly walked down the stairs, taking his time to look around the room and clear his throat. Once he finally made it to the bottom, Mr.S sat on a chair by a desk that was right in front of the twins. He looked around again and spoke in a deep voice, and explained everything.

"Okay, I will tell you. I shouldn't be making you two wait for much longer." Mr. S again took his time to change his seating position. Talia glanced at Tom, and was no surprised with his expression. Annoyance.

"Three years ago, a man in the name of Victor York, he had a family of eleven. Him, his wife, and his nine kids. The man wandered across a cave in the middle of a forest, right after a giant earthquake, the day before. He saw something shimmering from in the depths of the cave. He had no idea what awaited him in the end of the cave, curiosity got the better of him. Travelling to the end of the cave, Victor found glowing eggs. A whole ten thousand of them. All of them where categorized. Victor decided to find out what these strange eggs meant. He took a red one back to his house. Now, Victor, coincidently, was a scientist, a very smart one. He did many tests on the large egg. After his fifth test, Victor found out, that in the egg, held a-" Mr. S stopped taking, with a worried look upon his serious face.

"The eggs contained what?" Tom asked, sounding rushed. Talia wanted to know, as much as Tom. Whatever this story was about, it would be important. Talia knew that much.

"-Dragons. The egg held a baby dragon." Mr. S stared at the two kids, watching their expressions of disbelief.

"No. That is impossible. Dragons don't exist." Tom stared at Mr. S.

"Ah, I knew you would say that. That's why got this to show you." Mr. S ran back up the right set of stairs to balcony and searched in a shelf. He rummaged around, mumbling to himself before pulling out what looked like a red oval. It was massive. Mr. S Excitedly ran down the left set of stairs to back by his desk. What he held in his hand, surprising both siblings.

"Is that-?" Tom gaped at the outstretched hand, his face glowing gold from the artifact in front of him.

"That is exactly what you think. It's a dragon egg. Only one that isn't opening." Mr. S ignored the gasps from the two kids, and Talia's laughs of disbelief. "Now, on with the story." Mr. S put the egg down on his desk and leaned forward, clutching his hands together, and putting them on the desk. "There were other eggs. With different sorts of new discoveries on them. Like a griffin, and a lion, twenty times the ones that live in the zoo. That is only two. Now that Victor had these new creatures, you would think he would go straight away and tell someone, right? Wrong. He kept this new discovery to himself. Victor was an evil man. After many months of research, Victor found out how many years it would take for the dragons to be fully grown. Since this took place in 2015, and the dragons and other beasts took 20 years to grow to fully grown creatures of destruction, Victor started scheming of ways to rule the world with these new creations. But there was one thing that stopped these plans. Victor became very ill. One of Victor's friends, Isabella, got a very rare and special gift from him. Isabella told us she didn't know what the plans were, but someone else told us. One of Victor York's favourited kids, Tegan, told us of Victor's evil plans. At first, none of us believed Tegan. Until we did further inspection on the gift that Victor gave to Isabella. It was this." Mr. S picked up the egg once again, knowing that the kids would clue in. "The gift was the egg that wouldn't open."

"What do you mean it couldn't open?" Talia suspiciously looked at Mr. S.

"It means that the dragon had died, in the egg. So it won't come out and eat us all." Mr. S smirked, trying to scare the kids. Tom showed a face of disappointment.

"Aw. It would be fun to see an actual full grown dragon." Tom said, staring into the distance, imaging the experience.

"So, you are telling me, that it would be fun to have a fully grown dragon, breath fire on you and roast you alive, then feed on your dead body?" Mr. S raised an eyebrow. "Yes, that would be fun, I can see the enjoyment." Tom gave Mr. S an un-amused look, and at that moment, Talia noticed that Mr. S forgot something.

"Mr. S, why are we here? You haven't told us yet." Talia stared intensely at Mr. S, she was dying to know the answer.

"We need to teach you." He said

"Teach us what?"

"How to fight"

Talia was slightly disturbed that Mr. S was grinning.

"Why are we going to fight?"

"We need that generation to be able to defeat the monsters. You are the heroes of 2035. Of course, if you don't die training." Mr. S said, a little bit of excitement in his tone of voice. Talia felt a shiver come across her body. That was possible? She wanted to wake up. She wanted this crazy dream to end.

"You said there are other kids here. Are we going to meet them?" Tom asked. Amelia finally stood up from the chair behind them.

"Yes, and I will take you there." Mrs. Jones smiled. She stared to walk out, so the two kids had to catch up. Both weren't trying to escape anymore. They wanted to be the heroes of 2035. All three of them walked back down the corridor, and into another room along the same hallway.

"This is the common room. A place you will go, when you aren't training." Amelia kept her straight expression on her face, the whole time. "You two are lucky, the kids are on break, and you get to meet all of them now." Amelia creaked open the white door, to reveal a huge cozy living space, with white sofas and walls made of the same fake wood as the place they met Mr. S. But the rest was hidden behind around 60 or so kids.

"Hey look! Its Tom and Talia!" of the kids exclaimed.