Breathless Part 10

"So let's get this clear." Your best friend muttered, the one who went to the convention with you. "You broke up with Jensen? THE jensen ackles?"

You felt your stomach churn, and your eyes begin to tear. It's been a week since you pushed him out of your life, and all you can do was cry.

"Y/N, do you not realize how stupid that is? You've been in love with that guy since the show started!" She exclaimed.

You opened your mouth, but only a soft whimper escaped your lips. Your tears strolled down as you couldn't get the image of him out of your head.

She pulled you in, her arms wrapping around your neck. "Hey, It's okay." She whispered.

"I-I miss him. I miss him so much." You forced out. Your throat hurt as the knot grew tighter.

She pulled back, wiping the tears from your puffed cheeks. "What happened?"

You weren't quite sure how to tell her. It's been weeks since you've last seen her, and you didn't know how to lay it all out. But she was your best friend. Someone who you told all of your secrets too. The one who never left your side.

You took in a deep breath, and stared down at your stomach. Running a hand over your belly, faint memories of the incident flashed through your mind.

"Well it all started after I found out I was pregnant..." You whispered.
------

It's been three months.

You did nothing but pour yourself into work. You kept busy. Not once looking back. Never taking the time to have a moment alone. You were scared to be alone. You weren't sure how you would handle it.
You worked your ass off, and it got you to become editor in chief.

And through all of this, you somehow managed to find yourself to smile. To feel as if you could breathe again.

Until, you got a text from a ghost of the past.

'Hey, I know it's been a while, but thought you should know that Gen is in labor! I know she will be so happy to see you. -Misha'

Your stomach twisted, as a small smile appeared on your face.

Gen and Jared were about to have their baby.

'I'm on my way.' You texted back.

As much as you were nervous, you and Gen grew close to one another. She was your best friend. One of them at least. You could tell her anything. So of course you wanted to be there for her, even if that meant possibly running into him.

"You can do this." You muttered to yourself.
-------

The hospital was crowded with doctors, running around. You haven't been here since the night you lost everything. And it was overwhelming. You could feel your stomach churn and a knot form in your throat. You wanted nothing but to leave, and you were until you ran into something, or someone.

"I'm so sorry." You said as you pulled yourself up. "Cliff!"

"Hey sweetheart." He flashed a smile. He pulled you in to a hug, small laughter escaping from you both.

"How are you kiddo? It's been a while. We've all missed you." He said.

"I've been okay. Got promoted in my job! You're now looking at the new editor in Chief." You felt proud to say.

Cliff nodded and patted your shoulder. "Alright! That's great! I'm proud of you."

His words made you feel at ease. "Thanks." You muttered. You took in a deep breath. "So wheres Gen? Did she have the baby already?"

Cliff motioned for you to follow him. "Yep. A baby boy. He is so beautiful. They're in here."

You came to a stop, heart pounding as he slowly opened the door.

All eyes were on you, and you could feel the tears well.

Jared walked over to you, his arms wrapped around your waist and pulled you in.

"Hey moose." You chuckled.

He let out a soft laugh and pulled you in tighter. "Thank you for coming. We really missed you."

"Okay my turn! Let me see my best friend." Gen muttered.

You met her gaze, and made your way to the side of the bed. She slowly sat up, and threw her arms out, as you pulled her in.

"I missed you so much." You heard her voice shake.
Her tears streamed down her cheeks, as she held on to you.

You couldn't help but mirror her actions.
You stood up and wiped your tears, both chuckling as you noticed each other crying.

"So where is he?" You whispered.

She nodded her head behind you, and you turned your gaze.

There he was. He looked so peaceful. So beautiful, wrapped up in the thin blanket, and wearing a blue beanie. He was sound asleep, and you knew you were in love just by looking at him.

"Want to hold him?" Jared asked, breaking your trance.

"I'd love that." You whispered. You gently scooped him into your arms. Silent tears streamed down as you pulled him closer to your face. Close enough to smell him.

"He's so beautiful." You muttered.

Gen took Jareds hand into her and smiled. She was filled with nothing but pure bliss.

The door crept open. And there he stood, eyes wide as he noticed you. His stomach churned and his heart felt as if it had dropped.

You were too busy, gazing into the baby, slowly swaying side by side.

"Jensen! Hey man." Jared smiled, walking over to him.

You snapped your head his direction, and lost your breath. This was exactly what you dreaded.

A girl walked up from behind, and slid her hand into his.

"Danneel! Hey thanks for coming." Jared said.