Why?

A/N: [y/t] = your town

"Mom? Dad?" You called as you stepped into your house. It was empty. "Mom? I'm home!" You stepped further into the vacant home.

"Dad? C'mon guys, where are you?"

'Did they leave?' You asked yourself, 'Where did they go?'

Taking a quick glance at the analog clock, you checked the time; 3:18 PM.

You shrugged off the worry you had, thinking they just went out for groceries. The refrigerator was getting a bit empty anyways.

On the dinner table, you found a note that read; '[y/n], we went out to get groceries and clothes. Leftovers are in the fridge for if you're hungry! Love, Mom and Dad <3'

'Huh, so they did go get groceries, clothes as well,' You thought, 'I hope they bought chocolate. I need chocolate.' Your parents usually left you alone in the house when they went out shopping. You were thirteen, after all.

You dragged your heavy schoolbag up the stairs of your home to your room and started on your homework.

After your last piece of homework, which was English, you checked the time on your Hello Kitty digital clock; 7:36 PM.

It was dinner time. You realized your parents were supposed to be home for dinner. Again, you shrugged off the concern as you remembered your mom takes a long time to shop for clothing.

You walked downstairs to heat up the mac n' cheese your family ate last night for dinner. After you heated up the cheesy goodness, you immediately scarfed it down until there was nothing left.

You turned to look at the cute kitchen themed analog clock your dad made two years ago, the time reading; 7:43 PM.

The landline rang and showed that the person calling was an unknown number. Picking up the rectangle-shaped phone, you pressed the answer button and said, "Hello, this is the Texas Crematorium, you kill 'em, we grill 'em. How can I direct your call?"

"...What?" You heard the voice on the other side say. It was your dad's voice.

"Oh! Uh, hi dad!" You greeted awkwardly, "What're you and mom doing right now?"

Your ears picked up on an exasperated sigh from your dad, "We're at Aunt Helen's house and we decided to stay for a little while. We might not be back until tomorrow morning."

Oh. Aunt Helen. The emotionally abusive bitch that your mom called a sister. That lady has always been trying to seduce your father, but you, your mom and him knew that the seducing would never work, so the three of you always let her do what she wanted until she realized herself.

"Really? Again? You guys did that last week," you whined.

"Yeah, I know, I know. But we really think that she will realize this time," he assured you.

Now this time, you sighed, "Yeah, fine. See you guys tomorrow. Tell mom I said 'Hi'."

"Okay, bye, [y/n]."

"Bye, dad."

The both of you hung up and you walked upstairs to your room to continue playing Pokémon Y on your 3DS.

You spent a few hours leveling up your Pokémon (along with many snack breaks) to catch Yveltal, the legendary Pokémon the whole entire game is dedicated to.

Once your Pokémon were near level 60, you decided to go awaken Yveltal.

Before you did, you took a deep breath and pressed your forehead against the top screen of your 3DS, "I can do this... Okay..."

Once the Pokémon awakened, you quickly saw that the Pokémon was a level 50. You stared wide eyed at the little number above Yveltal's health bar and screamed, "You're a fucking level 50?!"

You groaned in annoyance as you started the battle against the Pokémon to try to catch it.

You used Chesnaught first, but he quickly fainted.

Again, you screamed, "What the actual fuck?!"

After thinking for a few moments you decided you would just use multiple Ultra Balls to try to catch the Pokémon.

The first time, it didn't work, but after four tries, Yveltal was finally caught!

"Fuck yeah!" You yelled.

You looked at the clock; 11:49 PM.

'Oh shit! I need to sleep!' You screamed in your mind. You saved the game and turned off your 3DS.

You quickly changed into pajamas and got under the covers. You closed your eyes and drifted off into a deep sleep, the victory of catching the legendary Pokémon still imprinted in your mind, ready to be told to your friends in the next day.

{Time Skip brought to you by Heart-Eyes Howell}

One night and one more time, thanks for the memories even though they weren't so-

The song stopped playing as soon as you slammed the snooze button on your digital clock.

You slowly pulled yourself out of bed, attempting to run your hands through your tangled hair, but failing to do so.

You began to do your daily routine in the usual sleepy fashion; brush your teeth, brush your hair, shower, and then put on clothes. You decided to wear black jeans, a black shirt that read 'Visual representation of my soul,' a black hoodie, a black leather vest over the hoodie, and finally, a red and black patterned flannel tied around your waist.

You checked yourself in the mirror and looked at the clock; 6:17 AM.

Perfect, you had an hour left until you left for school. It's time to watch the news

Dragging yourself downstairs, you groaned, "Morning, Mom. Morning, Dad."

When you didn't hear a reply, you once again called, "Mooorrnnniinnnggg."

You shrugged, thinking they were still asleep because you remembered both your parents were off on Wednesdays.

You plopped yourself down on the couch and turned on the TV to watch the news.

"A devastating car accident had taken place ten minutes ago in [y/t]. A couple crashed into Gas n' Sip while trying to avoid an accident with another car. Luckily the car that the couple tried to dodge. However, the two people in the car, Sheryl and David [l/n], both died immediately." The news reporter said.

'Wait... Sheryl is my mom's name, and David is my dad's name...' You thought.

You panicked. You couldn't believe it. Your parents were dead.

You wanted to cry, but no tears came out.

You wanted to scream, but no sound came out.

All you could do was just whisper...

"Why?"

A/N: Hi! So I hope you liked the first chapter of "My New Family!" If any of you are going to ask the question to this answer; no, there will not be ANY romance in this! I don't really like writing romance, so if you came here to read romance shit, then sorry man. AND I WROTE THIS ON WORD 2013 AND LITERALLY THAT PART WHERE THE READER WAS PLAYING POKÉMON TOOK UP ONE HALF OF A PAGE WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO ME?! And I will be updating this whenever I finish a new chapter (which is usually every two or three days). And the reader WILL be meeting Dan and Phil in the next chapter! YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

bYE