chapter 5

Damon had scooped out some pasta onto Jake's plate and glared at Bonnie. Jake began eating as Bonnie and Damon left into the bathroom.

"I'm still pretty sure that's Kai," He said.

"A soft version." Bonnie smiled.

"Oh no," Damon sighed. "You're not falling in love with him right?"

"He's so sweet," She gushed.

"It's only been two days." He reminded her. "You don't even know if he's a psychopath."

"I know that you won't be karate chopping his head off," She smiled.

"You suck. I'm staying here until I find out who this guy is. And if he's good enough for you." Damon says.

"Sike," She laughed. "You're staying with Stefan."

"Nope," he says again. "Elena kicked me out of my own house for a while. I'm staying here. My stuff is in the car."

Bonnie rolled her eyes and came back to the dinner table. She slopped some of the pasta onto her plate and sat at the table, and they both watched Damon appear into the room. Jake played around with his food and spoke out a few words.

"So," He says. "Who's that?"

"Close friend of mine," Bonnie replied. "We've been through hell and back." Literally.

"Oh." was all he said.

"No need to worry 'Jake,' Damon laughs. "Not interested in her at all. Madly in love with her best friend."

Jake laughs, and stands up to put his dish in the sink.
After a few hours of flirting and getting to know each other, Damon is tired and grabs him to compel him.

"You're tired, go home, and we'll all continue this tomorrow evening." He says, letting go of him.

"It's getting late," Jake says. "I'm a bit tired. We should continue this tomorrow evening?"

"Definitley," Bonnie says, slapping Damon on the arm.

Bonnie walks Jake to the door and he gives her a hug, and leaves. Damon looks at Bonnie.

"A hug?" Damon rolls his eyes. "If I were him, I would've done a little more than hugging. It would end up with us under the sheets."

"Shut up Damon," Bonnie rolls her eyes back at him. "He's taking it slow."

"Whatever," he replies. "Got any bourbon?"

"Check the cellar," She replies, as he disappears in a flash, instantly coming back with an old bottle.

He grabs two glasses from the cupboard and pours bourbon into both cups, hanging Bonnie one. They do a round of toasts and cheers, and began talking.

"So why'd she kick you out?" Bonnie asked.

"Stefan basically ate her college professor, since his humanity is turned off, once again. She told me to go fix him and the wouldn't let me come back until he comes to apologize. I don't feel like it, so here I am. How's your life without witchy woo and Kai?"

"It's been easier. But I do kind of miss him sometimes." She said, drinking more.

"Are you serious? The guy stabbed you twice, and lied to you. Not to mention the fact that he kidnapped you to Oregon, in his trunk." He says, looking down at her.

"He made me dinner afterwards." Bonnie replied.

"Then lured you into his front yard and stabbed you, then left you there. Alone. You even stabbed me just to let me know what it felt like." He said harshly.

"A part of me knew he changed afterwards. Yes, he did things that hurt me very much, but I know I was a good influence on him. I regret leaving his ass in 1903. I really do, because it really did look like he was sincere about his apology." She said.

"He's a sociopath. He's a good liar." He tells me, pouring more bourbon into his cup.

"I'm done talking to you about him." She tells him, and sets the cup on the table. "The guest room is yours, don't bother me. Goodnight."

"Damn," he says, taking the bottle upstairs. "Night, Bennett bitch- I mean witch." He gives her a shit eating grin before disappearing up the stairs.