P I A.

Pia.

I continue to mutter as many curse words as I can as I scramble about my room, throwing on the first items of clothing I can get my hands on. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I actually woke up on time for school.

Pulling on the first hat I find to suppress my out of control hair - that I haven't even bothered running a comb through - I pound down the stairs in my clunky boots.

Mom doesn't even look up as I enter the kitchen, she's too busy getting all the kids in control. There are cheerios everywhere and the kitchen is a mess. Mom's already in her uniform - she's a nurse at the local hospital - obviously ready to go as soon as the nanny gets here.

"Pia, don't skip breakfast," She tells me, using a cloth that's more-than-likely dirty to clean up spilled milk off the floor.

I grab an apple and my skateboard, heading out the backdoor, not really meaning to slam it behind me. Taking a big bite of it, I shove it in the pocket of my Letterman jacket and throw my board to the ground, hopping on as quickly as possible.

When my eyes land on my younger brother, Scott, sitting at the bus stop, I let out another swear word. I'm usually long gone before he goes to wait for the bus.

"Why don't you just ride the bus? You're going to be late," Scott asks me as I skate past him.

"I'd rather eat your shit," I call out, trying my best to skate with speed.

I glance over my shoulder, seeing the younger brother that resembles me so much, it's rather scary. He wears a smirk on his lips as he shakes his head. The only person he resembles more than me, is our father, which is probably why mom loves him more than me.

Or perhaps it's because he's never been arrested and doesn't have over a dozen tattoos. I mean, the reasons could go on and on.

It's not like I'm bitter or anything. Some kids get along with their parents and some don't; it's as simple as that. It's not like I'm going to be living with her for my entire life. Less than a year from now, I'll be long gone and neither of us will have to worry about the other ever again.

At least a girl can dream...

Kicking off of the pavement, I skate faster than I ever have before. I pass several kids from my school on their drive there. They glance in my direction and watch me carefully. Most kids keep their eyes on me at school. They're waiting for me to do something entertaining that they can talk about later, like fight another girl or something stupid like that.

I used to actually have a social life that didn't involve sneaking out, drinking, drugs and parties, believe it or not. Back in the days of my innocence, I'd have normal sleepovers with girls and talk about girl things like going shopping and which boys we thought were cute.

That was all before Jace.

It's really a rather cliché story. I was the innocent little girl, new to high school; he was the bad boy that smoked, drank and broke all the rules. For some reason, he liked me. Perhaps it's because when he tried hitting on me the first time, I told him exactly where he could shove his pickup line.

I've always been such a charmer...

It didn't take long for me to be sucked into the excitement of the rebellious boy. He was sneaking me out of my house on school nights, taking me to parties with lots of booze and an assortment of drugs. I did pretty well staying away from it all, but I'm not made completely of steel.

Once I started, I never stopped. I was skipping classes every day to hook up with Jace in the back of his car; going with him on drug deals. Jace even gave me my first tattoo, the 'x' on my hipbone. Now every time I'm stripping out of my clothes, I think of him. I think that was his intentions...