R E S P O N S I B I L I TY.

Jake.

I sit back, letting it all settle in. I watch in glory as people throw up off of my balcony as couples hook up in the bushes a mere foot away. This party is everything I had hoped it would be, and more.

"Hey, no throwing up in the pool!" I shout at some scrawny kid who doesn't look like he's going to hold his liquor very well. He gives me a terrified look which causes me to groan. If this kid pisses in my pool...

Bending down to pick up a half drank bottle of vodka someone left sitting alone, I head around the house, enjoying the fresh air. The house is getting a bit stuff with all the people crammed in their. Then you add the weed on top of it? It's enough to send me into an asthma attack.

Taking a large swig from the bottle, I take my sweet time walking around the house to the front yard. My eyes land on the bathroom-clad neighborhood that's forming outside in the streets. They all give me death glares, beginning to shout at me.

I put on my sweetest smile and wave back to them. Though they shout threats at me, warning me they'll call the cops to 'land my sorry ass in jail for good', I know they're all empty. They're terrified of my parents and wouldn't dare do something to piss them off.

"Jake!" I hear someone hiss.

I look up to see an extremely peeved Jennifer standing on the sidewalk in front of my house. She jumps out of the way as a reckless car drives over the sidewalk to park in my lawn with the other cars. The passengers of the car give me an excited, slightly drunk holler as they get out and head towards the house.

Checking over my shoulder every few seconds to make sure nobody's watching me, I race over to Jennifer, trying my hardest not to stumble all over the place. I can feel the alcohol starting to mess with my head. I really should have ate something before.

"Hey Jen," I smirk, reaching out to place my hands on her hips and pull her to me, planting a friendly and drunk kiss on her lips.

She pulls away and gives me a look full of irritation. It's a look I've grown accustomed to.

"What's all this? I thought we were hanging tonight?" She asks, gesturing to the loud house; the incredibly loud music can be heard clearly from where we're standing.

"We still can. It's just a party, Jen. It won't kill you," I roll my eyes, reaching out to grab her hand once again.

I still have no idea how the two of us are such close friends. She's this uptight responsible girl and I'm the opposite. I suppose we balance each other out...

"What good is this going to do? How is this party going to solve any of your problems?" She asks me, wriggling free from my grip to plant her hands on my hips.

I can feel the disappointment radiating from her glare. Here she goes; she's going to pull out her wisdom and make me feel like a complete idiot for every choice I've ever made. She makes me feel like such a screw up sometimes.

Though I know she's not doing this to make me feel bad. She's only looking out for me. I know she loves me like a brother - a very dysfunctional sibling relationship; yes - and she only wants me to make better decisions.

"Look, I'm surrounded by friends. I never feel lonely at parties," I tell her, speaking softly so nobody around us can hear.

The downside to getting rather drunk off my face is that the truth just comes flying out of me. I know I've got to lay off of the booze, otherwise a certain secret will be revealed. A certain secret belonging to a certain freckle faced wallflower that I haven't seen since this morning.