Chapter 6

"Satoru—"

"What I'm tryna say is...." Gojo uses his shoulder to hold his phone against an ear. The man continues to drop cubes of sugar into his tea. He stirs his drink with a spoon, "....she's been crazy about you since high school."

"—can we discuss this later?"

"Anyway, wouldn't hurt to see where things go." Gojo continues to disregard all the troubling noise on the other side of the line. He puts the spoon down onto the table. His shoulder is getting tired. He grabs the phone with his hand, "You don't know how many times I told her to talk to your ass."

"Sa—" Geto's voice wreathes with distress but Gojo's voice keeps running over his.

"I guess her cursed technique isn't the only weak thing about her." Gojo takes the tea cup with his free hand and leans back in his seat. The man crosses his legs, "Her confidence is just as bad."

"—toru!" There's sounds of loud crumbling emitting from the phone, "I'm kind of in the middle of something!" Geto seems out of breath. He wanted to hang up but Gojo's remark seemed a bit too harsh. It was uncalled for. The long-haired man makes a very audible noise of disbelief.

"Hah? What's the matter? You not into her like that?"

"You know I've been meaning to say this for a while now...."

Gojo tilts his head against the phone. He takes a sip of his tea. Is Geto going to admit that he may have felt some type of way about you too? The white-hair is all too eager for this potential reveal. His hand tightens around his phone in anticipation.

There's some muffled noises and the sound of Geto grunting. There's a loud thud. It goes quiet for a few seconds. Then the sound of the man sighing could be heard, "....you should stop belittling people."

"Huh?!" Gojo's appalled. He was expecting Geto to give him some kind of an answer in regard to your feelings. But instead, he gets a taste of his own medicine. Although, this is more like constructive criticism more than anything (Gojo Satoru won't see it that way though).

"You should be more encouraging and supportive." Geto continues to voice his concerns over the phone as he exorcises whatever he's currently dealing with. He's been on this mission long enough and is itching for a break.

"Hah!" Gojo scoffs. There's some scorn laced in his now quiet tone, "Screw that."

The other side of the line seems much more calm now. Geto speaks in a much more relaxed manner, "Y/N is your friend. How would you think she'd feel if she knew you were saying these things about her?"

Gojo rolls his ankle around in circles. He rests his elbow against the armrest of his seat and leans the weight of his face against his phone. He smirks and says in jest, "She would be grateful that her name even left my lips."

"Come on, Satoru...." Geto's voice fills with defeat, "Ah, well, whatever. I'll bring it up again later."

As callous as Gojo seemed. It wasn't how he truly felt. Maybe he did mean those things about people at one point in his younger years. But as an adult, he's learned to appreciate a persons character much more than their physical abilities. He just thinks he's being funny (even if it didn't seem funny to the other person).

"You done yet?" Gojo takes a sip of his tea again, "Or do you need me to come over there?~"

Gojo knew Geto would never agree to him showing up to take care of his job. And despite whatever Geto's response is, the white-haired sorcerer wasn't planning to go over there anyway. He only asked as a way to entertain himself. Gojo is bored. Geto is on a mission. You were on a mission and Shoko is busy reversing with her "Fwoo", "Hyoi" swish and flick.