Chapter 8: The Date

So after 15 minutes of changing between two outfits I opted for what u was most comfortable with. Jeans, a flannel, a brown leather jacket, and a scarf since it was fall and it was freezing tonight. I grabbed one of the keys to the black Audi that I was allowed to drive and drove off to Rory's, praying that I didn't mess this up.

Ten minutes later I pulled into the parking lot of Rory's, I paused my Shawn Mendes sing and locked the car.

I walked in and saw Chance in a booth ft growing the menu up in the air. He paused whe he saw me making the menu drop to the ground.

"I think you dropped something." I said handing him the menu and sitting down across from him. He smiled and took the menu. "You look great." He said.

I smiled, feeling my cheeks turn red.

"You clean well Mr. Aria." I said smiling. He nodded.

I took one of the menus and looked over the menu.

"What are you getting?" Chance asked closing the menu.

"A burger with sweet potato fries and an extra large double chocolate milkshake. How about you?" I ask.

"Extra large cheesy pizza." He said, sounding impressed with my order.

After we were done ordering we stared at each other for a good 5 seconds before he broke the silence.

"Let's play 20 questions."

"Why not?"

"What's your favorite movie?" He asked.

I had to think about this for a long time.

"Carrie the 2013 edition with Chloe Grace Moretz."

He looked like he had seen a ghost. Oh no. Did I bring back a memory? Perhaps a traumatic event that happens in his life involving prom and a bucket of fake blood?
I hope I didn't screw this up. Just to be safe I crossed my fingers under the table.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked nervously.

He just burst out in laughter and pretty soon he made me burst out in laughter and we were laughing together.

"What?" I asked between gasps of air.

"It's just that most girls would or ably say something like The Notebook or Twilight." He said shrugging. I shrieked at name Twilight.

We Steve King fans laugh at that name. Just kidding. Edward Cullen was my first crush until the age of 15 where I finally moved on.

It was a rough time.

"What about you?" I asked

"It would have to be Ms. Congeniality." He said smirking at me.

"Haha, very funny. What's your actual favorite movie?" I ask more seriously.

"No really I love that movie, I've always wanted to be a secret agent!" He said in all seriousness.

I tried to play it cool and not hint at me being suspicious once again.

"What about favorite show?" He asked.

"Easy, Gilmore Girls, except for season 7. I hated that season!" I said.

"And yours?" I asked crossing my arms.

"How I met your mother." He said. I smiled.

So far so good.

About five minutes later our food came and we continued asking questions for until we knew absolutely every weird quirky detail from our favorite colors to what super power would we want to have. After we finished eating I knew I had to bring it up.

"So, we're you wondering why I was looking in that locker." I ask inching my bag closer to me.

"Yeah, I mean it was weird that you were snooping through the dead girls locker." His face instantly went pale when he said that.

"Dead...girl?" I ask trying to sound as surprised as I can.

"Uh, yeah, her name was Synthia Winters. She died in a car accident" he said frowning. What? A car accident? Then I remembered Melissa and Bryan agreed to covering up how she actually died. I wondered if Callie knew about this. She probably did.

Chance Aria

I couldn't stop staring at her. There was something she want telling me.

"Hello? Earth to Rich boy?" She said snapping her fingers in front of me. I was to busy staring at her to be listening to her speak. I quickly recover and snapped back to reality.
"I hoped you had a fun time on your date tonight Princess." I knew she hated me calling her that. But I was so interested in her. Even after she punched me. Which by the way really hurt.

It was still a little weird for her to ask so many questions about that girl Synthia. I shrugged it off for now. It's been a while since I've been so happy with a girl. But I still felt suspicious of her. Could be with.....no it can't be, she's looks so innocent and I doubt she would be the type to go on a mission and actually fight. Years of trading and exercise ran through my head . I quickly pinched myself in the leg.

You are not ruining this night Chance. Stop thinking about that stupid agency. Once I payed the check we walked out of the restaurant holding hands. Everything was going perfect...until two guys came out of the ally and pointed guns at us.