pilot

"No," Ally says, not looking up from her notebook, in which she was writing in.

It was the only thing she had left of her mom and she still had thousands of pages to fill. She'd still keep it when, or if, fills up. It was precious to her. Sure, it was an old, red book, but it meant the world to her.

Grace, her best friend, sighs. "Ally, my brother's having some dinner for some reason and my parents are forcing me to go! I want you there with me! You never leave this dump, anyways but to go to school."

The small girl shrugs and bites her lip. "I-I... The last time I went somewhere, I had a panic attack because someone tapped on my shoulder! I-I can't do it. I'm scared."

Her dusty-brunette friend frowns and takes a seat next to her on the old, filthy bed. She pulls the girl she calls her best friend into her crest and squeezes her tightly. "I don't know what it's like to have anxiety, but I do know that keeping yourself cooped up in this place isn't helping much. For starters, it's just plain dirty and disgusting, and no one can or will help you with your problems, a-and!-" she starts ranting and getting angry so, Ally grabs her hand and the girl calms down a bit. "I'm sorry, it's just- you deserve so much more than this."

Ally snuggles in closer to her friend and closes her eyes. "I love you, Grace. My life is pretty fucked up and you're the only reason why I'm sane and alive. You're the best I've ever had, honestly."

She laughs and squeezes her tighter. "Well, can you please sleep over at my house tonight? This place gets more gross and disgusting every time I come to see you. Plus, my mom is making her the homemade pizza you love so much."

Ally giggles out, "I've never had her pizza after it just got out of the over, so I can just imagine it how it'd taste."

Grace pulls her up and grins as she says, "Good, because I'd be damned if you slept here for another night."

"If we're going to the dinner, can we just sit in the corner or something? I don't feel comfortable around people." Ally suggests, looking around for her jacket.

"We can just head to my house. My parents know about your anxiety so, they'll understand," Grace informs her, grabbing Ally's bag of clothes. "I'm taking all of your clothes so I can wash them at my house."

"No, it's fine. I usually go to the laundry mat---"

Grace raises an eyebrow as she picks up a small bra. She looks at Ally and asks, "Is this yours? Because you can fit my bras and this is, like, two times smaller than your size."

Ally looks down embarrassedly and bites her lip. "I-I don't have much money to buy more."

The teenager girl frowns at her best friend and flings the bra somewhere before going up to Ally and gripping her shoulders. "It's not bad to ask for help, Ally. Especially in the state that you're in. I'm taking you shopping this weekend, rather you want me to or not."

Ally looks up at her and meets the hazel eyes of her best friend before nodding, knowing she was genuinely concerned and wanted to help her. "Okay."

Grace gives her a smile before stepping back and opening her arms. "Bring it in, girly."

She giggles before lunging forward and hugging her tightly. "I love you."

"Love you, too."

- -

Austin's arms tighten on the small girl who's currently dozing off in his arms, although they're outside in the swinging chair.

He smiles at her and places a kiss on her forehead. Her eyes flutter open and a smile slowly spreads upon her face.

Austin grins once again before looking up at the sky again. It feels like they're old, an old married couple. But it's only been five years, although they've known each other for eleven.