title of your story

No, they should not. Their religion is their own personal belief, which will most likely not influence you or anyone else in a negative way. If their religion does influence you in negative way though, (9/11 is an example of this) you should not judge the entire group following the religion, just the ones that committed the cri

The way the question is phrased it sounds too definitive as if one can know so much about a person merely by the 'name' of his religion. Far more important than that is a person's attitude or feeling or thoughts regarding religion, his relation to god and his fellow humans.

I once read that religion is like software (say MS Word vs. Word Perfect) it's what you're used to, they both offer the same general capavery religion has it's merits and flaws.

Will that woman choose a socially appropriate action based upon her Christian influences? Will that man help others based on his Jewish upbringing? Will that leader be a better person for being a Morman? Could that politician bring some new perspective to the table from her Muslim experiences? What do we really know about the social values of that teacher's religion?

We all wonder these things, but it is the actions of the past which we can and should judge. The teacher helps girls get ahead in math. The politician protects human rights. the leader stops a confrontation. The man runs a charity. The woman works with disabled adults. THESE things matter more than religious preference.

Some may choose to judge the religion, but it is the choices of the person following that religion we must analyze.bilities but what you create with them is the importatnt thing.me.

On the contrary. Politicians (perhaps the people our judgment of is most important) make many decisions on religious dogma, like support for Israel; positions against embryonic stem cell research, gay marriage, and other things.

Being a religious person also indicates a submission to faith and irrationality -- mocking the reasoning and intelligence faculties that separate us from the animals. I like people who are rational, logical, open minded, scientific, and independent.

Are you telling me that if someone claimed that, not only do they think there is a benevolent God, but (in a solipsistic rhapsody) that they know him, have a "relationship" with him, and seek him for advice; that they believe the rapture is around the corner; and that (among some) martyrdom is morally commendable, that you wouldn't see it appropriate to question this persons rationality?